Clutch Bushing Honk Question?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kyle Tarry, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    For those of you who have had the clutch bushing "honk," can you describe what it sounds like and when it did it?

My bike started making a noise on a ride this weekend, and I am hoping that it's the same problem. When I am stopped with the bike in gear, as I let the clutch out to get going it makes a noise, until the clutch is all the way out and the bike is rolling, then there is no more noise. I guess you could call it a "honk," I'd call it more of a "quack" or a "hurrump". :lol: Does this sound like the infamous clutch bushing?
  2. Pinepig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 610sm
    Sounds like it. Make sure you oil the new bushing ( just dip it in or use assembly lube ) as it doesn't have a pressurized feed to get oil to it right away.
  3. blueknob Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1979 harley davidson superglide
    My clutch has been noticeably noisier since I had it apart to replace the spring cup washers, it makes a funny noise idling in neutral, when I pull the clutch in it gets quieter, I also switched from 10w60 to 10w40 so I thought that might make a difference, there's definitely more turbulence in the oil window