Clutch Bleeding

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Pete, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    I wonder if some one could write or link to the absolute last word on bleeding these $#$%^&^*( magura clutches.

I have bled brakes and clutches on all kinds of machinery and never had so much trouble as i do on these clutches.

I have searched around and found various methods, but few work reliably for me.

Maybe the agreed solution could appear in the tech section?
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I wish I could help here but when the O-ring went bad on my slave unit, I just replaced the o-ring with the up-tite version, added straight mineral oil to the master cylinder, pumped the handle only 3-5 times, bled the line from the bottom bleeding valve. While doing this, don't let the cylinder run low of fluid while you are bleeding it.

This had to be repeated 3-4 times before no air was released by the valve before I rode the bike again. Then I repeated this procedure maybe twice after riding the bike a few miles down the trail and I have never had a problem again.

Also, there has to be a little empty space at the top of the master cylinder for air...I can't remember the exact amount of space but the masfullter will not need to be 100% full.

All that back-bleeding stuff never came into play with me...

I guess these new fangled hydro clutches are the latest and greatest and we can't win the championship or finish a ride without one now, but I'd rather have one clutch cable on my bike and 1 or 2 in my truck as a back up. Myself, I just don't see the greatness at the end of the day.

Just to show have finicky these things are with the o-ring slave cylinder, I have read where some have never had an issue there...Mine quit on the second ride.
  3. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Magura sells a small bleed kit you can get through EE. I think it was 30$

Takes me a couple minutes now.
  4. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
  5. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Whats EE?
  6. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    probably means Enduro Engineering...just go to your local Pharmacy and get a 10ml baby syringe, use some vent line...back bleed it by cracking open the bleeder on the slave and open the clutch master cylinder cover. push the new fluid thru the bleeder up the line into the cylinder....it is messy because the new fluid will go over the edge....make sure you get all the bubbles out. 10 minute job. http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5847&highlight=clutch bleeding
  7. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    Harbor Freight has a $10 vacuum bleeding tool complete with hoses, adapters and bottle for a mess free bleeding of any hydraulic brake.