Clutch Actuator Replacement Part?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Pipedream, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Pipedream Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm610
    Hello,

I bought my 2006 sm610 last year and started having problems finding neutral wile running. Checked my adjustment on linkage and found it to be already tightly adjusted. Did some more digging and found this...

Pretty sure this is my issue. I found this item number in a spare parts manual. 8000 816761
    Searching this number hasn't gotten me far, might actually be for the injected 2007. Anyone know what the best plan of attack is? IMG_20190316_183848.jpg IMG_20190316_183910.jpg
  2. Pipedream Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm610
    Well... I broke it off trying to straighten it. It still meshes up well, So I put 2 small tacks on either side with the tig torch. Brought it home from work and made sure it didn't catch on anything as it operates in place. I may be able to save it yet, As I don't think I will be able to find another one. I am worried about welding hardened steel. I am pretty sure it is going to loose a bit of strength from the welding process and become brittle. Pre and post heat are going to be a must. Keep me in you're prayers..
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hey man- sorry to hear of the pickle you're in. Here's a thread that covers the issue extensively. I don't think it'll help you find the part, necessarily, but it does have good suggestions as to contributing factors, how to avoid it replicating, etc. Good luck- hope the weld holds up.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/sudden-slack-in-clutch-lever.19101/
    Rotax_655 likes this.
  4. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Is it hardened? Didnt try mine... I broke one too,and permanent fix would be hydraulic conversion like 630. Tight fit but doable,atleast when rebuilding engine. I believe welded can be much stronger than stock(there is plenty space for weld),so if you did it properly,you might be ok for good.
  5. Pipedream Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm610
    So, I welded it up straight and true. And it fits good. Closed everything up and readjusted both clutch adjustments, added new oil. Went in and out of gear and neutral on my work stand with zero issue. Very happy!
    I did damage the spring o ring in between the actuator seal bearing, I just pulled it out. Does the actuator leaver need to be pressed in? Maybe it seams easier because the spring o ring is out now?

Attached Files:

6. Pipedream Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm610
  7. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Clutch push rod is only thing that holds it in place,so if it went easily,everything is fine. If you need to use force,means its twisted.
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Nice bit of welding there. Hope all goes well for you.