Clicking while charging '13 TE 310 on bike solved!

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Johnrg, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    As some may remember way back I did some charging testing and found charging the battery on the bike, a clicking noise would occur as battery was almost fully charged. It would click more rapidly with the LI battery and seemed to be cycling a relay and priming the fuel. I had been using the old standard Battery Tender jr. Nobody seemed to be forthcoming with a reason or answer as to why since 2013, so I advised to always remove the battery to charge for safety reasons.

View: https://youtu.be/DYS1RBrnDE4

Recently decided to get a second unit to charge a few vehicles in the garage including those with LI batteries. The Battery Junior 800 has ability to switch between lead acid and LI (manual button you switch before connecting to bike) and while supposedly not for sale in CA, I bought from Amazon.

I am sitting in my garage with the bike hooked up and battery reading fully charged and no clicking noises at all. I would still only charge on the bike when you can monitor it but the Battery Tender Junior 800 appears a good buy.

WP_20181007_08_03_21_Pro-3.jpg

WP_20181007_08_03_33_Pro-3.jpg

WP_20181007_08_04_00_Pro-3.jpg
  2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    Are you very sure the clicking and the whine wasn't coming from the battery charger ? Because most smart chargers do that ...
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.