1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Chinesium replacement radiators--anyone tried them?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dfeckel, Apr 26, 2018.

1. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's been a long time since I have been active here--life, am I right??

Anyway, I managed to snag my old 2008 CR 125 off CL. I originally bought it new in '09 when they were on fire-sale closeout pricing ($3899 if memory serves!). Unfortunately, its subsequent owners apparently loved throwing it to the ground and into trees. The radiators resemble taco shells.

Pricing out repair ($140 plus shipping) versus replacement ($108 shipped), I'm considering trying the Chinesium replacement rads.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-R...rentrq:021961631630a688acf2c7b7fff7c869|iid:1

Anyone have experience with these? Will my OFG rad braces fit them?

Thanks!
  2. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    Not the same, but I put something similar on my YZ250 about 2 years ago and have been happy with them. Mine are "oversized" and the radiator guards just barely fit.
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I used a set of chinky rads on my 125/165 and battered them to death over the years! Bent the left one really badly early on and it pulled back straight ish with a bit of work and held up for years with not a leak in sight!
    Stock rads where junk in comparison to the beating I gave the cheap chinky items and I trashed a few stockers badly till the swap over (must stop crashing) I have not one bad word to say about them, fitment was great , rad guards fitted as per the stock items, what more could you ask for at that price.
    Bet if you looked for 250 items (same rads) you would find them even cheaper
  4. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had the same experience as Johnny Boy. I got a good set.
  5. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great to hear. Thanks for the input!
  6. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I got a set of radiators for my 1986 KX250 from Winner Racing on eBay. I got them in and found them to be the best constructed radiators I had ever seen. After going to my local Kawasaki dealer to get hoses. I found them to be generic hoses with a compound curved hosed replaced with a straight hose and the true originals to be NLA. When giving feedback to the seller of the radiators, I asked him to have hoses made so he could sell a complete set. Within 2 weeks it as done.

It does not get any better than that in this day and age!
    dfeckel likes this.
  7. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    Welcome back Dr Dave.... I use the mail order rads on a few bikes, they seem to be WAY stronger then stock... maybe not as pretty depending on the welds
    dfeckel likes this.
  8. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    I'm very impressed with the Chinese ones compared to stock. Stock only had seam sealer where the eBay ones were beefier and welded. And cheaper.
  9. taps Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '94 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 RMZ450, '08 RM250, & '74 MX360
    I've had a set on my bike for over a year, and I would buy them again. No probs.