Cheap mod for using Ultimate MX carrier

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by funmachines, Feb 10, 2009.

1. funmachines Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husa FE570, Beta trials, CDale 440
    I was not able to use my Ultimate MX carrier with my 04 TC450 without making some sort of change. When I called the company that makes it they said to just use the strap from the handlebars and make it tight. It did not work for me because it flopped around too much. A piece of 1.25 x 2 hardwood with two holes drilled in it solved the problem for me - might help someone else.

Attached Files:

2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175

It's amazing how ingenious people are on the forum.:thumbsup:
    Thanx for sharing.
  3. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

:applause: Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
  4. rawperformance Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 TTR125, 2008 TTR110, 2008 PW50
    I have been looking to get one of these units. Do you like it and feel safe hauling your bike all the time? Aprez mod of course. Thanks for the info.

Alex
  5. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have one for my 2008 TE 450 and at first I was a bit concerned, but I use two tie-down straps to keep the bike from wiggling around. The unit has been nothing short of perfect and I love it! I saw the above MOD and that will simply not work for my '08 TE 450 as the footpeg mounting posts are barely long enough to wrench...especially with the added thickness of an Uptite bash/skid plate.
  6. funmachines Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husa FE570, Beta trials, CDale 440
    Ultimate MX carriers are nice. They save you the grief of running your bike up ramps into the back of a tall pick-up (I have a 4WD 2500HD that's pretty high stock). It works perfectly for my Cannondale with it's flat skid plate, but the 04 TC450 has a gap under the footpegs and can't be tightened down all the way without raising the front in the air. I would have welded up longer footpeg bolt/clamps, but that would not have fixed the problem. Another nice thing about the Ultimate carriers is that you can use them as a bike stand when you are out somewhere.
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    08 TE 250 and mine works fine stock. Put a couple of straps on too. It does bob a little when the ground is bumpy but mine didn't loosen up anytime so no real worries.

I've thought about the Sprinter Van but I've only got 150,000 on my truck.
  8. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    Good mode.:thumbsup:

I have an Ultimate MX carrier and use a strap around the seat. And one from the handle bars to bottom of my jeep to stop the bike from moving.

I worry about the bike falling off, so far it has not. I use it for short trips. I also have a small toy hauler for longer trips.