Chain question

Discussion in '610/630' started by johnclearysm610, Oct 29, 2014.

1. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My mums Harley Davidson 883. Lol
    My 00 sm610e failed mot tonight for excessive wear. I said to the guy I could adjust the chain up and he said no adjusting it wouldn't do as he could almost uncover a tooth at the 3 o'clock position on the rear sprocket. Was he talking shit or would adjusting the chain not take up the slack there is plenty of room for adjustment. Also if this is the case where's best in the uk for a chain and sprockets?

Thanks
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Not about taking up slack. About how the links fit in the teeth of the sprockets. Since the links/pins should seat well in the troughs of the sprockets and be close without binding to the teeth, pulling the chain straight back and exposing the teeth, as described, exposes a worn and no longer serviceable chain, and most important is to replace chain and both sprockets. Sure you could adjust and run but it's in self destruct mode and you may drop the chain or something else in short order.
  3. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cheers. New chain and sprockets it is then. Know anywhere good to buy one in the uk?
  4. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got sprockets and a chain. Silly question but which way should the raised face on the front sprocket sit? In or out? I stupidly never looked at the old one before I took it off.
  5. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    This way? image.jpg
    Or this way? image.jpg
  6. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Raised faces in.

7. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Should. You should also be able to tell by looking at the plane of the sprocket in relation to the "tracks" on the top chain slider...placed on one way and it should appear "in-line" w/ the chain and if flipped around the other way it should be pretty obviously out of line w/ the chain tracks.
  8. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks. I couldn't see much difference either way it sumtill looked in line with the rear sprocket. Going by what u say I have it on backwards :-( chain off again.