Cebu Dirt Bike riding for February 2015

Discussion in 'Other places' started by ray_ray, Jan 29, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Staying a little close to home this month and gonna re-verify some old routes that run from the valley floor (and river) to the top of the ridge just above it... And try to add a few new trails... See map below.

This is the Camansi area ... Not exactly sure of the official status of Camansi but I like the name and I can pronounce it ... Plus there is a small track and people there that I know.

That top blue line is running along a road that goes to Mantija proper and through a very other smaller villages. This is just a few miles from my place of dwelling and has several ways into it... some cool, some on the hardtop, all native scenic. Makes for some short but intense riding, if you want intense stuff... I usually go in the hard way, drink beer upon arrival to the top of the ridge-line, and then cruise home the easy way ...

The orange lines are the possible routes to ride to the top that I've drawn using google earth as a source of the trails\walking paths... I load this data onto my voyager GPS and go riding ....

Camansi_Hill_View_2.jpg

I've dealt with routes 1-6 to some degree over the time I've been here but route 7 is about all new, at least on the bottom side. The top side joins the road on the top side but I'm not sure exactly where they meet ... On the bottom side is the river and I don't really see a direct route into that location. Might end up running the creek to the bottom side of the trail and just start climbing ...
    Dirtdame likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    One of the aspects I like about this place is the changes that happen all over the place, regularly ... Nothing big like a new cement mall but something like new bamboo buildings or as in this case, construction of a new MX track started here in the last couple days... Its about ~2 miles from my house meaning, no truck is needed for transportation to the track and I can stop over about anytime and log some air time and corner work ...

I'll be heading out there tomorrow morning to help my racing friends complete the work .... Not sure who has the equipment but it should be interesting ... I'll need to learn to jump the bike again; been on the trails the last yr or so...

This will cut into the trail riding mentioned above but I'm still a trail rider, not a racer ... I'm hoping at least a couple cool turns and maybe a roller section will be constructed and maybe the track can be left in a place over an extended period of time after the race Feb 8, 2015.

Track_1.jpg

Dirt has some sand in from the river that is over a 1\4 or so from the track ..
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm gonna try to update all the riding I've done is this area; I made the mistake of not posting it after I rode it and now seems a little fuzzy after the number of days and riding I've done since this initial post ... The track riding really put a hit on me and the trails ... I'm hoping to get some kind of balance that will benefit both types of riding.

Below is a way a foreigner here can get the key to the city .... With that in mind, if you are a foreigner here and not a 100% ahole, you should already have the default key. After 5 yrs here and zero issues really, I have no real issues. Now, invest and join in on a local GOV supported event like a dirt bike track and this society will welcome you. It's so weird ...

What happened in this moto was uncalled for and unexpected .... My faster buddy and team mate is sitting on my left and was gonna run the inside line; I'm still waiting on his Honda to show up ...Sometimes, you just gotta ride it out. That's racing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oUwyhSqUy8

--
    Back to the trails now.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here is a update pic of the Camansi area with some names ... The BLVD and Hiway are both gonna be short but cool climbs... The freeway is mostly just gnarly ... I found out trail 7 is about impossible to climb but I might can roll down it ...

Camansi_Hill_View_3.jpg

Here is what happened when I tried to find trail 7 ... Just too steep at point #1 to climb out to point #2 ... so I kept heading upstream to Somas' place of dwelling (#3)..
    Soma_River_loop.jpg
    XXX marks the spur where the other trails are located.