Carb options - help with starting?

Discussion in '610/630' started by nachoman, Feb 25, 2009.

1. nachoman Husqvarna
    B Class

1999 TE610 here, running the stock Dell'otro carburetor. After looking around the internet, it seems that some people swap a Keihin 41 carb onto these.

Would that help with starting? Is it a good investment for other reasons? Any good starting points with jetting?

Kind of thinking I'm flooding out my 610 when trying to start it as it seems the Dell'otro will flood easily if you even crack the throttle. If a Keihin carb swap is a good move for other reasons, and helps with starting, that would be great.
  2. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have 2000 with 40mm Dellorto. Same issues. I have modified the Dellorto by installed a #54 idel jet and set the mix screw at 2 1/4 turns out. Starting and idel is greatly improved. The part throttle mid RPM miss is still with me but has diminished as well with the idel jet change to a #54. I plan to change to the K4 needle to eliminate this part throttle issue as I have tried all positions on the stock K32 needle seeing some improvement at the richer needle settings. I am also going to try the non EPA idel mixture screw, for my off road adventures of course. The best place to get these carb. parts is this Moto Guzzi parts dealer: http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?cPath=62&sort=1a&page=1
    Here's some PN's and cost:
    K4 needle PN 853004 #11.5
    Non EPA idel mix. screw NA
    #54 idel jet PN 1486054 $3.25
    PHM40 rebuild kit PN 28939960 $19.71
    I will revise this post with my other changes to the main jet and atmoizer. The carb. seems to work great at full throttle.
    I will be keeping the Dellorto as this is the same carb used on my Guzzi Sport and for once I have common parts for two different bikes!