Cant Lower Idle/ Ticking Sound From Motor 11' Sms630

Discussion in '610/630' started by jae, May 9, 2020.

1. jae Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11' sms630
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I had issues with the motor overheating so I ended up replacing the head gasket. while I had the head off, I had to have the cylinder head milled because I had an impression left into the block while I was trying to measure the piston to head gap to get the correct head gasket (there are 3 different thickness gaskets for this motor). Milled it down and put the correct gasket it, put the bike back together. Start the bike and get a little ticking noise. Increases with throttle. I stop the bike and take the valve cover off to check the timing. timing looks good to me. put cover back on and start it up again. again still ticking. Also to note, idle is really high. I attempt to lower idle using idle adjustment screw. I can adjust it so it idles higher, but cant get it to go lower than 2100rpms. I bring it to the dealership to have them take a look. service manager takes a look at the bike and listens to it. He says its normal ticking but wants to get the idle lower to really be able to listen to the motor. Believes that because I had the head milled, the computer needs to be reset to learn the new clearances. He says due to year and model he needs a special code to be able to use his scan tool on my bike. Says he needs to call husky and they will need to call husky Europe, who would need to call bmw to get the code. fast forward 3 weeks I get a call back from the dealership saying they got a code, but nothing comes up in the scanner to be able to read my bike. They say they won't work on the bike now. Recommends to go to BMW dealer to see if they can work on the bike. Any thoughts on how to 1. turn down the idle more. 2. is the ticking normal 3. is it bad to ride the bike with the idle so high. tried to upload a video of the ticking noise but it won't let me.
  2. jae Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11' sms630
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Well I was playing around with the throttle body to see if I could figure this out. Reset the TPS...didn't change anything. Pulled off the cover and started playing with the throttle cables...nothing. Pulled off the starter cable and noticed there was some crud on the end of it. Cleaned if off and reinstalled it...(caveat rpms were at 2700 not 2100). boom dropped the rpms down to 1600. not perfect but def a lot better than was it was. still a small tick noise but nothing nearly what it was before. reset the tps with new idle and she runs good. Getting a temp sensor warming light now though....one long 3 short flashes on the neutral light
  3. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Do you have iBeat so you can plug in and see / cancel the error?
  4. jae Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11' sms630
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Unfortunate not
  5. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles: