1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

cam wear

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 2wheellove, Apr 27, 2017.

1. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    NInja 1000ABS V65 Magna CR80R
    Hey all!

So I was doin my yearly valve lash adjustment on my 09 te310 and I happened to notice some odd wear marks and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this before. The bike has 2100 miles but some of that wasn't recorded bc the previous owner broke the speedo cable and never replaced it before I got the bike. I checked the hours when I bought it with ibeat and it had like 60hrs on it or something like that. It probably has more like 80 now but I haven't checked since. Anyways, I'd appreciate it if someone with a history of rebuilding these motors could chime in here. Btw, I think the marks may have something to do with the retaining clip between the followers.

-dan

Attached Files:

2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I'll admit it looks slightly weird, but OTOH- it's on the base circle and not the lobes right? heat treatment maybe? I don't see an issue.

Maybe BT will chime in- I think he built engines in gas drag cars or something similar.
  3. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Looks normal to me. The follower rides on the cam it's going to shine it up eventualy. Check your clearance and run good oil.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think it is an issue, I would adjust and run.
  5. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    NInja 1000ABS V65 Magna CR80R
    Thanks for the info guys. And being that these are line bored heads it would be a total nightmare if the cams went lol

Dan