Cairoli rides a 250 at MXdN

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jul 15, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Team Italy Announced for 2014 MXoN

Mr. Thomas Traversini, Italy’s Team Manager, revealed the team will consist of Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Antonio Cairoli, DP19 Yamaha Racing’s David Philippaerts and TM Ricci Racing’s Davide Guarneri. Cairoli will be competing on a KTM250SX-F as the MX2 rider while Guarneri and Philippaerts will remain on their 450’s as the Open and MXGP class contenders.

Mr. Traversini said “It is like a present for Team Italy for Antonio to sacrifice himself and go back to a 250 bike so the team has the best chance at a good result”.

Cairoli said “It has been almost seven years since I rode a MX2 bike but for the last two years I have won at the motocross of nations so I am happy with what I have achieved and I want Italy to achieve the best position we can. I don’t think it could be any other way, I am the smallest and the lightest and I think going from a 350 to a 250 is not such a big step. I know it won’t be easy, I don’t expect a lot but I will do my best.”

[IMG]
  2. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Hmm might we see the much-anticipated Cairoli-Herlings battle earlier than we expected?:thinking: Seems like Cairoli's comments are already letting himself off the hook if that is the case.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    ".........I know it won’t be easy, I don’t expect a lot but I will do my best.”
    Marc's comment
    "Seems like Cairoli's comments are already letting himself off the hook if that is the case. "
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm pretty sure those 2 guys have raced before ...just on different sized bikes ... Thats one of the cool aspects of MXdN racing .. RV2 won both his motos on a 250cc bike in 2007 ...No one has ever accomplished that feat before or after.

Cairoli is one of 3 guys who have won a moto against the 4fittys on a 250cc bike ... RV2 is the only rider to win 2 motos on a 250 against the 4fittys ... Cairoli can match and even break that 2 moto win record ... RV2 gets 2 holeshots and leads every lap of his 250 moto wins ... Good luck to Cairoli on matching that latter aspect.

NOTE: Cairoli, riding a 250, was in the gate with RV2 on his record setting day in 2007.

-- <- Topic divider ... New topic below.

I guess the states could try and bring what might be considered out fastest 3 racers and not bring one of our youngest and finest up and coming 250cc riders...

Myself, I'd call BS on that. This 250 race might be a 1 time thing for one of our young men to ride for America. I'll be glad to win or lose with a hard charging 250cc rider to represent our country along with our 450cc guys ...

--
    This MXdN riding might be what is helping KR94 now ... I watched him race RV2 and RD5 in 011(?) and pretty much held up against them ... Our 250cc riders can benefit from the experience so that when they go to the 450s, they have time-at-MXdN-racing under their belts if they get to ride there again.
  5. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    350 to a 250?

He'll still smoke everybody.