Building a TC310 or big bore X-Lite motor.

Discussion in 'Bills Motorcycle Plus' started by MOTORHEAD, Mar 7, 2011.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You guys know if it's possible and what it would take to turn a 2010 TC250 into a 310?

Crank, cylinder, piston?

How about just a 3mm bigger bore using the 310 cylinder and piston? Think it's possible? I'm really interested in just doing a big bore on a 250 X-lite more and making it a 280. So, basically I'm just wondering if a 310 X-lite cylinder will fit on a 250 X-lite bottom end.

Just thought you guys may have looked into some of this stuff already.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Ive been looking and thinking for the next year future about doing it. My mind has finding a blown or cheaper unwanted TXC250 to do the 302 mod to. Nothing serious yet but here is where I have been looking in the PFG Aus files at the parts book for the 2011 310 model to check parts differences and needs.http://www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com.au/support.asp?id=4&t=Parts Catalogues
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wyatt Seals would be the one to ask. I played with the idea for a little bit. I kind of got turned off of it when I read that the Cam journals were beefed up for '11, building it bigger may make it less reliable. Also tried to see if it was possible to just order a 310 crate motor, which got shot down and is more expensive than just buying a TE 310. The big bore idea and leaving the crank may be the best option but these motors are pretty thin already so I am not sure you could get away with that much. Have you looked into trying to bump the compression up on the TC 250? The parts book does have a thinner gasket and Huskies always have been spacious on the clearance with there two strokes. I also think the Mototasinari Air-Force will give this motor a boost, problem is that it will be a while before they make it for Husky. When the motor was first announced I contacted Athena to ask them to do something but was told by them in Italy that they were not going to. Might be a good idea to e-mail them again. I like the idea of it, even just a little more CC's would be a good thing.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I had hoped that Athena would just bring out a 3mm bigger cylinder like they did for the old 250, but if this 310 cylinder will work.......

I'd really like to see what a big bore will do for this thing and if I can stroke it while I'm at it, that's even better.

I've looked over the parts files, but it's hard to tell from that. It dosen't have to be a straight parts swap, I'm up for a little machine work to make it work. Basically, if the 250 and 310 share the same basic castings and cylinder stud placement, then it's very possible that it can be done. I just don't know if they are two totally different motors, or if the 302 is built from the 250 platform.

Why do you think this Air-force intake boot is going to help it so much?
    TRIPLE-M likes this.
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think the air tract may be causing this motor to lose some of its bottom end. You know how quick these motors are at spinning up but have much more top end than bottom. My theory is that its taking too long for the motor to get the air flowing at lower rpm's. In other words I think the air is kind of stagnant in the air tract until it gets moving with higher rpm and that is causing some of the lack of bottom end. Basically the Air-Force is like a funnel and helps push the air through the motor. I think it is worse for the FI models for some reason too.
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That's a good possibillity. Haven't seen much on those things yet.
  7. ashes Husqvarna
    B Class

Do you have a link to the Air force intake boots?
    Cheers
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    ashes likes this.