broken fuel pump fitting on an 08

Discussion in '610/630' started by mcinfantry, Nov 2, 2008.

1. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

anyone know if there is a way to replace, repair the RED fuel pump fitting on the 08 fi te610? ive been having some BAD stalling issues and im trying to track them down, but the red fitting coming out of the pump is snapped off.
  2. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you search on the TT Husky forum, there is info on there about it. A couple have already had that experience. Good luck, Ken
  3. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. jwfoulk Husqvarna
    AA Class

This happened to me. I snapped both elbows. Ordered them from Sherco. Problem solved although it was an expensive lesson.
  5. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a fix. I took mine over to Fuel Safe. They build NASCAR tanks as well as aircraft ferry tanks. They threaded my pump and installed A/N fittings. I have used it now for about 2000 hard miles and it is as reliable as most aircraft parts.
    They do not want to deal directly with motorcyclists, they are not really set up for that. I have been working on adding the fix to the web site and setting a price. You will need to send me your fuel pump.

JWfoulk, what is sherco? Did you buy fittings or a pump? When I removed the old fittings, the pump body was scored by the one way washers and I did not trust pressing another fitting in. I considered buying a pump, but itwas backordered (still not in) and like $500 dollars.

Do not try to glue a broken fuel fitting, it will not be safe
  6. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

the crappy thing is my bike stalls every few seconds to minutes. pulling out in traffic is fun. NOT.
  7. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

Oh, replace the O2 sensor with a plug and put a resister (I have some at the shop, I can give you the radio shack part number) in place of the O2 connector.
    Have the parameters (feedback on IBeat) adjusted by a dealer. No more stalling.
  8. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

i did the powerup.....

the solution, albiet temporary is to hit the kill swith on/of a few times and it will run a few seconds and die. if it didnt die 50 times in 20 minute ride, it didnt die once.
  9. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

If your bike stalls that much, you mat have more of a problem. The fix I just posted is for bikes that stall after running at high RPM for a while and then stall when they come to a stop (like getting off the highway) It is a good thing to do anyways. I have way more throttle response and a smoother cruise at 50 or 60 MPH.
  10. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

mine has been noticably better prior to this...

its NOT the switch, or at least i dont think so, since the neutral light stil works even though the bike wont start
  11. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

Are your battery conections good? How about the ground to the engine? I have even seen a battery go intermitantly bad on one this year. I think the vibration caused the post to come loose internally.

Fuel pressure could be an issue too. Every time the key or switch is tripped, the pump runs for a second. It could be that there is a loose wire or bad relay in the pump circut.
    The Ibeat tool has some abillity to interogate sensors but usually a bad sensor causes runability issues rather than constant stalling.
  12. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

well, it started after the LAST time i removed the tank.

i dont have an ibeat, and my nearest dealer is 12 hours away. im hoping to put it back together and run it till it stalls, then disconnect the OUT fuel line and start with fuel first. i have air and compression. so it has to be fuel or spark.

battery is an oddysee and my fog lights, and accessories are all powered up. starter works too.....
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  14. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

thank you. ill call in the am. im going to order a few.... i think.
  15. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

16. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mcinfantry, did you get your bike fixed? What was the problem? May help someone else out in the future with a similar problem. Hope it is OK now. Ken
  17. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

its back together, an i bought a new fitting. the ONLY thing i did was replace the female upper spade connector to the coil. no stalling. i think the other one was just shitty. but i dont know
  18. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class