Bringing Them Into The Fold

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by WoodsChick, Sep 29, 2008.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I saw a nice `08 TE610 for sale a few weeks ago. Totally stock with only 1500 miles on the clock. I sent the link to 2 of my favorite riding buddies, in hopes that one of them would buy it so they could join me and Eric on our multi-day dualsport rides.

Just got a call from my friend Steve. He's on his way to pick it up right now:applause:

He's a bit of a lurker, but hopefully he'll come on in and say "hi."

WoodsChick
  2. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's always good to hear stories of peeps coming to their senses and getting aboard a Husky. It gives me hope for mankind? :D

What was his previous ride?
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    He's got a slew of KTMs, all his kids have KTMs and Kawasakis and his street ride is a Ducati S4R. He's kind of like me, in that he doesn't really have any brand loyalty, but just goes with the best machine available for his particular needs. That just happened to be a Husky this time around:D

WoodsChick
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  5. Low Down Husqvarna
    B Class

I hope he likes that bike as much as I love mine! BTW, I just received my 'power up' bits, so I'll be throwing em' on tomorrow...
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

610 power up kit? Is it OEM? Where did you find it?
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I found my 610's "power up kit" on the right side of my handlebars :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  8. Low Down Husqvarna
    B Class

I actually said 'power up' bits... because I don't believe the parts are done as a 'kit' for the 610. But any dealer who can get the parts that come with the 250/450/510 power up kits (plug, washer, resistor) can sell them to you. I got mine from Taskys. Due to some other obligations I wasn't able to get them on the bike, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to.

:cheers:
  9. Low Down Husqvarna
    B Class

Well, I got the parts installed and took the bike for a spin. All I can say is DAYUM!! I have reached a new level of love for my bike...

Sorry for the hijack Woods(American)Chick.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    :lol: Don't worry about it; I'm usually the worst offender when it comes to wandering off topic.

So, let me get this straight: you put in a new plug, washer and resistor...and now your bike is dramatically different? I'd love to hear some specifics, please!

I went with a non-resistor plug for a few bucks (as opposed to the high-dollar iridium non-resistor plug) and the 4200rpm stumble disappeared, but the bike doesn't feel "powered up" by any means.

WoodsChick
  11. Low Down Husqvarna
    B Class

Sorry for the confusion WC... The parts (plug, washer) I speak of are for plugging the hole where the O2 sensor goes in the mid-pipe, and the resistor plugs into the wire harness for the O2 sensor to activate a richer fuel map. The front wheel was real light during most of my ride, the occasional decel pop is gone, and I was laughing out loud quite a bit as well. Now I'm thinking about working on the intake (have an idea from SMJ that I want to try).
  12. rajobigguy Administrator

I bet Coffee would disagree with that statement.:busted:
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  14. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a new 610 and want to start powering it up. Couple questions:

1) did you also add a new exhaust (type?), or was all this gain done with the stock exhaust.

2) can you switch between the richer and stock fuel maps? I want performance in the dirt, but great fuel economy on the street.

Thanks!
  15. Low Down Husqvarna
    B Class

1) I have a Leo Vince X3 slip on that I have used before throwing these parts on, and did not notice any real difference in performance (pre power up parts)... I assume that the bike compensated for the increased flow of exhaust. I would say that ultimately you will want something that will let the bike breathe better, but you should be safe to activate the other map with the stock can.

2) To switch, you need to swap the O2 sensor with the resistor, and vise versa... I can get back to you what my mileage is in a while. I don't think it will be like anything (crappy MPG) that has been reported from the folks using PU kits on the other TE models. I'll find out shortly.