1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Bright Eyes

Discussion in '4st' started by tomxteam, May 20, 2015.

1. tomxteam Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    n/a
    Look who got a face lift last night!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

SO BRIGHT!
    Huskyfly likes this.
  2. Khaaf162 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    Looks good what brand is it and was it a direct fit.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Think its baja designs
  4. tomxteam Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    n/a
    It's a Baja designs Squadron XL. Fit like a glove. It was a pretty simple install and electrical was plug and play. The hump on the front fender casts a shadow but else I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'll need to get dimmer for street, so crazy bright I bet I was tripping out my neighbors when I was test riding it around my neighborhood.
  5. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Sweet light. How long was the install? Was it worth it? Too bad you don't have a before picture. How has the experience been on the road with other drivers? Are they flashing you to switch to low beam? Nice bike
  6. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
  7. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
  8. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJ09, Triumph Tiger Cub
    Crap......there goes another 250 bucks.....gotta stay away from here
    Huskyfly and bax3 like this.
  9. ztrab Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 501 FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, BMW, Suzuki
    I have the dimmer harness/switch from BD, it attaches to the clutch perch so you can easily punch it up/down. It plugs into the supplied extra wire on the headlight and you can ground it via the speedo mount. Definitely need it if you pop out on the asphalt at night. Did you use the extensions on your set up? I did not but I haven't had it out at night.
  10. Throttle on Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Wr 250r 94Kx 500, Xr650r
    Yeah buddy! I got one too. Best dirtbike headlight ever! Not being able to see while riding at night is a huge peeve of mine. There's nothing like not being able to read the terrain or see critters hiding on the edge of the highway when you're blazing along at 70+ miles an hour. I really appreciate your post. I wanted to add a few remarks regarding the installation of these kit sand also tell others here that this product is 100% quality. It is totally worth the time and money. Mine was purchased through Rocky Mountain ATV. It did cost almost $400. It was shipped promptly and I didn't have to wait long for it to arrive. That being said.It is still the best money spent and the best improvement I have made my bike yet I would put one on any dual sport motorcycle. This is by far one of the best improvements that I I have made to my 2015 FE501s. I can see! I just want people to know that these are kits. Yes the install is doable by most. It will require a little patience and some creativity to get it securely mounted and aimed properly. I will include a picture hopefully my phone cooperates uploading it. I ended up using some very large ducting zip ties to get my headlight shell remounted. It was the best set up I could come up with after struggling with the instructions that came with the light. My light is now mounted very securely. It doesn't vibrate or change the beam angle or position while riding. It works very nice. If you use this light on the highway please wire the INCLUDED dimmer switch option! All this requires is you wiring the green wire from the headlight through a toggle switch to a good solid ground on the bike. Without the dimmer switch you will be a hazard to oncoming motorist on the highway and most people will respond by blinding you back with their highbeams.There is no fun in being blinded while riding a motorcycle. These lights are very bright in a good way. With the dimmer switch option do you basically have a very bright high beam and an acceptable low beam without the beam angle changing. If You haven't seen theses Squadron lights in action check out Baja designs webpage they have some great YouTube videos image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  11. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Great post and once again I need to upgrade. It really never ends does it..lol
  12. Throttle on Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Wr 250r 94Kx 500, Xr650r
    Baja designs does have a less expensive option for dirt bikes. The universal s2 led. A friend put one on his xr650r. It's not near as bright as the squadron however it was a huge improvement and much better than any original equipment dual sport headlight I've seen. I got a chuckle from your comment. At this point my bike is pretty dialed in and I'm very happy with it. The headlight upgrade still is the best money spent yet. I now have confidence when I go out at night. This bike used to scare me after dark. I think that in the future every motorcycle I ever own is going to end up with one of these lights.
  13. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Really nice. What radiator guards are those and did you happen to consider the bullet Proof design prior to those? Little off topic sorry. I like the BP because they extend out for protection. THx
    ztrab likes this.
  14. ztrab Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 501 FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, BMW, Suzuki
    j
    I didn't like the cheesy plastic extenders for the rubber straps either but without them the beam was way too high On my 09 690, I used the much brighter 08 headlight assembly, fabricated a dash and used two zip ties on each fork tube-survived about 14,000 hard miles in Baja. I fabricated some steel fork tube clamps that picked up the dogs on the mask and angled the assembly forward. I was working on clearing my Acerbis 4.1 tank when I saw an injection molded carbon fiber piece . With shipping it's about 80 bucks but thought what the hell. It is a very stout bracket, I did think the piece that holds the rest of the hardware to the triple clamp was the weakest point and a second one should have come with it- I'll probably cut an aluminum one as a spare but the whole unit does a great job of securing the mask. I've got pics on my phone. Will post. Between the multi mounting positions on the mount and the internal light adjustment, the beam can be set easily. I used a flat black plasti dip spray to black out a portion of the fender where the light was reflecting back. 10 day field test in Baja starts Thursday
    SixNinety likes this.
  15. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501

Attached Files: