1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Brake pedal tip stuff

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, Mar 31, 2018.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Since going over to the Austrian Husky I have not had any brake pedal tip issues. Those Italian husky ones very very sacrificial.
    But since we have been upping our rock stuff game I finally had an OEM brake tip come close to breaking off at the NHHA King of the Dez, so I swapped it for the catalog big blue bling alloy version, because my dealer had them on the shelf. Well due to its over size I was worried going into the big Tecate hard ride, because the thing sticks out noticeably. And yes it is trashed after just 1 ride. I am going to install another OEM steel one on. I looked at the new Enduro Engineering one which come in in over size and normal and have mount hole variables,however; they look too strong.....meaning that they probably will not shear when it is really needed. I would rather my tip being sacrificial at the hardest hit than to bend my pedal arm all over the place. That's it just comments..blah blah blah

EE (bullet proof for sure) and a super good choice for wide and normal with vari mount for closer and farther out.
    https://shop.enduroeng.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=17-016

OEM aftermarket catalog tip (trashed 1 ride in)
    https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/...-Rear-Brake-Pedal-Tip?v=2017-HUSQVARNA-TX-300
  2. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    The Husky Parts Blu Bling one lasted 1 ride- HammerDown Tres Picos Killed it!! hahahaaa. (re) Installed a stock unit and a new brake snake. that Blu thing sticks out too far for me and my rocks....
    Blu bling fail.jpg
    NH-JP likes this.
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    why don'cha go for a folding tip? [question: why aren't brake tips and shift tips foldable at a 45° angle like foot pegs? grrrr] if you don't mind modifying your pedal arm (and I don't) this $20 one looks like the ticket:

folding brake tip.jpg

only one blue one left (they're the same as tusk though) here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRTIME-NE...SYAAOSw7I5TruWJ:sc:USPSFirstClass!96067!US!-1

actually, if you don't wanna modify anything but consider tips disposable here are a bunch of $4 tips that look like this (probably borderline cheesy for your tastes):

brake tip.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle...ash=item1a35222b91:g:xCUAAOSwOzxZtzGo&vxp=mtr
  5. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985
    I purchased the EE brake tip.
    Slightly larger than stock.

P1060596.JPG
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I was looking at robert's picture of his foot peg (brake tip) and realized that any gearshift tip that pivoted at that angle might fold a lot when up-shifting. A brake tip pivot would be fine at that angle. I wonder why gear shift tip pivots aren't at any angle; seems like even 60° would provide fall-over protection.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It looks to me like the 4$ one will not work on a 17 and up bike. The newer chassis pedal angles so the pedal tip obviously has to double angle...price is nice thou...i may try the ee tip..
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I stumbled across 7602's take on the brake pedal tip...

KTM-BPT02-6.jpg

wow. That's pretty, and pretty robust looking. Stainless steel inserts... Clay does good work.
    JonXX likes this.
  9. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    I have the blue one for sale if anyone interested.
  10. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I use and prefer the 7602 Racing brake pedal on my 15 TC. The thing is bulletproof, looks good, and it's adjustable front-back.
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    mine is back to oem stock
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I bought the ee brake tip...while not blingy ..in my opinion has defiantly boosted high speed confidence a tish...it is bigger then stock but not overly large..i like it better then stock and im very happy..
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    Funny, I cut down my brake tip to keep it out of the way. I cut off the outer 1/3. Ive got size 12 boots...
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    you have good form then.

I have to concentrate to keep my toes in and my knees against the tank- although I don't have a problem finding the the brake pedal (size 14). I do usually have to put a stronger spring on or double up on the springs.

lowering the pegs and moving them back has helped a bit.
    dirt addict likes this.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    keep oem spring add fasstco spring and cup on the master cylinder, it gives great feel
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  16. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    robert- thanx, if that was directed at me. is that a compression spring that works against the master cylinder or what?

weird that this just came up- a couple of weeks ago I took 2 coils off my "aftermarket" spring to stiffen the brake pedal up even more. It's about perfect right now but I bet 90% of people who rode my bike would panic because the braking action is so deep into the pedal movement.

I got a piece of aluminum bar stock that I've drilled to make a new pedal stop/adjuster; it's another one of those projects I've slowed down on (hah) and have yet to complete. Since I ride the pedal with my foot now that the pegs are lowered, and the stock adjuster is maxed-out... it's just not an issue anymore it seems.

brake spring 20180613_211418.jpg

pedal stop 20171201_175744.jpg
  17. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    sheikyurbouti likes this.