1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Brake fluid between braiding and plastic cover of brake line?

Discussion in '2st' started by geastman, Jun 4, 2018.

1. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

When I hopped on my 2018 TE150 for second ride, I noticed odd discolouration of front brake line near master cylinder, and a fainter discolouration further along. Not as clear in photo as in person, but it sure looks like (somehow) brake fluid has been squeezed between the braiding and the clear plastic cover.

Anyone seen anything like this? Brakes worked great, both first ride and after I noticed this second ride. The extent of discoloured area did not seem to change during second ride.

Here is a photo with red lines highlighting the two sections with discolouration. Click for full size.

fluid.jpg

BTW, stock jetting needs work and shifter feels odd but even so the TE150 rocks!
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    hmmm... I've noticed that before in a few brake lines and never really gave it any thought. (in the background, I have assumed it was caused by sunlight- but I don't know why I thought that).

now I'm curious.
    :popcorn:
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    that is the chem reaction between black rubber grommets and the clear covering , basically also oxidation of the clear stuff.
    I would not give a second thought, it's only discoloration. The hose construction these days us extruded Teflon hose with over braid layered wrap the covered with clear usually PVC tube for anti chafe. The place where failures do occur is at the crimped on end fittings (banjo fittings) and when that happens you will see fluid moisture and or dust attaching itself to the moist brake fluid.
    Example of cross section
    brake_hose_cross_section_8_3_2_1_1_1_1_1.jpg
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  4. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for info. I wasn't worried since no drips and worked well; just curious since I haven't seen this before. Good to know it is not unusual.