Bottom end rebuild bearing question???

Discussion in '610/630' started by Homerb, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Hi guys, about to reassemble my 630 after replacing the crankshaft. I've read Bushwa's "Te630 Engine Rebuild" thread a dozen times, but am still unsure on one question. Do any of the bearings in the bottom end have a seal on one side? I don't think so, it doesn't mention anywhere in the manual any of the bearings having a seal. Just want to be sure before I bolt it all together
  2. Scottishjim Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 husky 610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki text 600 k2
    let uncle jim explain about single 4 stroke thumpers,,,u have a 2 stroke bottom end and a 4 stroke top end,the bottom end crank on a 2/4 stroke is a open needle end bearing on a 4 stroke/same as 2 stroke,,,,the top end on a 4 stroke is a copper bush ,now the top end crank rod on a 2 stroke is a open needle bearing,,now the reason we use 10/60w oil is because the hotter the oil becomes it fills in the voids in the spaces in between the metal,as the tolerances are well, big,so it fill the void when hot,,so no,do not use 10/40w oil any day of the week,,,,but the answer to your question,,,no it does not have a seal,,,