BORCS Rancho Villareal 2SEP17 Tecate BC Mexico

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Aug 31, 2017.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    http://puertamx.com/

Tecate 100. FYI we are doing it as a team race , heat will be a factor, we will swap every 2 laps, so about every 20 miles.
    you ride your own bike , i checked the weather temps are dropping (from crazy high low 100s) we hope the report is valid , but still says high of 91 partly cloudy and windy so good for dust removal. Sunday says high of low 80s wish that was for satuday!!! bikes start at 0830 that means mexico time before 0900 , will be fun...I nver worry about where I finish its always about finishing. Plus Im way out of condition, this will be the start of the stairmaster for the fall winter racing/riding season. My race teammate is 50+ AA (whatever that means) but we'll let the cat outta the bag when the post race scoring comes in. This will be the first race for me on the TX300
    Norman Foley likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK that was over....... fast open stuff, lots of sandy stuff, deep whoops...I was way out of my comfort zone and my laps times will show it. Back story for my Husky bros. I see a voicemail on thurs from LR after not hearing from him in as long as a year. I thought maybe a butt call...nope he asks if I have still been doing the BORCS/PuertaMX races with Giovanni (the club owner). And asks if will be his teammate to get back into the local moto scene...well whats an old ammie 50A to say to Larry but hell yes. SO I head down and get to sign up first pick up our race kit it is 1 transponder and 1 set of numbers....I just assumed it would be riderbike swap, not a baja long didstance type one bike per team thing. I dont know why but thats what I assumed. When Larry showed I told him the Situation and we agreed to to drop the team thing and to ride our own bikes. He on his KLX450 (2009) tank and me on my TX300. We both signed ironman open to race with the fast kids. he stayed on the lead lap and did 8, my tank ass was beat down fast with leg burning sand whoops. I did 2 then 2 then 2 more for 6 total, the other old guy did 8 laps to stay on the lead lap. The old pro sides so effortlessly its brilliant watch him pass me (he started behind me) . They started us at a couple minute intervals 1 by 1. Those Baja 500/1000 team kids were there just hammmering out big time it was their playing field and also LR has has some experience racing that way as well.......I cant wait for this clubs winter series again they said a 4 race series with at leat 2 new ranchos with new trails cut all single track HS/Enduro stuff---thats my better playing field.
    Huskynoobee and Norman Foley like this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    grammar was fixed but i didnt save it. so thats it.
    Post race it took me some time to recover...LR was fresh and already grilling
    LR RN.jpg

note me wearing FahQ Racing lid
  4. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    How'd the 300 do? Did your jetting seem ok with the faster, sandy riding?
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    well truth is I never thought at any moment during this event I would look this good.....the photog really caught me at the right moment. The current jetting is fine it was altitude and 95 degrees. worked great
    puertamx tecate 100.jpg
    gots_a_sol and Norman Foley like this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just saw the time sheets, Im actually very happy at worst I was 4 minutes slower than the fastest Pro guy per lap (@13 miles) when I was out on the course the 10 minute break after 2 laps and the 20 minute break after the 4th lap.....kinda put me back aways hahaa but those 6 total laps was waaay more than enough on that course. @ 78 miles with lots whoops sandy silty 95 degrees. there were only 4 ironmen I came in fourth all the other guys did 8 laps.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norman Foley likes this.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You need that Acerbis Flo Yellow plastic on the bike, to go with your riding kit!:oldman:
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norm I would never had bought that color kit (but now looking at it now I think it looks cool) It was the last color available in the Fly fully vented gear on closeout. Flo Yellow is the new Flo Pink
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    2SEP2017 Tecate 100 c.jpg
    my biggest air.
    ptkatoomer likes this.