1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Boost Bottle

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Leftcoast leftkicker, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone have experience setting up or running a boost bottle on an '82 430? I have a complete system (bottle and Mossbarger reed assembly w/pipe) from the Pro Circuit era, just don't know how to set it up (jetting) and whether or not it's worth the trouble.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think this bottle would add more power...

[IMG]
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    man, your killin folks!!
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    from mossbarger

Jetting Info

When installing our reed cages, the engine will generally run" RICH" on the low end, due to the increased air/fuel flow from our more efficient design. The following jetting guide will start you off in the right direction.

1. Lower the pilot jet size by 1 or 2 sizes smaller.

2. Raise the main jet by 1 or 2 sizes larger

Note: steps 1 and 2 are very important in that, if you lean the pilot you must richen the main jet. This keeps the same amount of fuel going to the engine.

3. The pilot jet is the correct size when the engine pulls hard in the lower ranges, and runs crisp and clean.

4. The main jet is correct when the engine runs smooth and clean in the upper RPM ranges. It should not be lean, As all 2-strokes run better with a slightly richer jet setting.

Note: The sparkplug should have a DARK BROWN color on the insulator

MOSSBARGER POWER GROOVE REED ASSEMBLIES
    With all racing engines, the more air you can flow into the cylinder at a high velocity, the more power can be obtained. Below are measurements of different reed valve assemblies measured at 10" of pressure drop, with all figures corrected for temperature and humidity. Note that CFM is cubic feet of air per minute.
  5. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Robert- thanks for the Mossbarger jetting tips, I already have them but the Forum will appreciate them.
    Heard from some folks on a vintage site (http://www.vintagemx.us/cgi-bin/swapmeet.cgi) and they felt some low end performance is gained but nothing on top end so increase pilot jet accordingly.