BMP at the Funky Chicken

Discussion in 'Bills Motorcycle Plus' started by oregonsage, Jul 6, 2013.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Just a quck post from the hilltop at the Funky Chicken. BMP display...my 449 and Marks 1r 310..
    Blake is here, Bill will be down tomorrow, and a few more Huskys have rolled through tech. 0706131030.jpg
    LandofMotards likes this.
  2. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    I will be there tomorrow may or may not ride having some truck brake problems waiting for parts so may come down on the Terra and hang BILLF.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    So how'd it go?
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not as well as we hoped. Or as Mark says....the curse of the Chicken continues. Very bad start followed by extremely dusty conditions and we were forced out on the first lap.

It turned out that this was a blessing for someone on another team riding a 125 and battling for the Series Championship. Bill met up with these guys from Sacramento Polka Dots to bring them some parts, but as it turned out their kid was running with a flat front tire and needed to maintain position to avoid falling out of 1st for the AMA West National Hare Scrambles Championship...... so on loop 3 they pulled in and mounted our 310 front wheel and went back out able to hold down 5th, which was enough to insure series victory!!!

Every cloud has a silver lining.

There were several 125 Huskys holding down top spots so we had guys to cheer for all the way to the end.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  5. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Heres some pics or 125 Husky riders Young mr Campbell and Howard tm250 046.jpg tm250 047.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Had my first DNF ever... Like you guys, I managed to get in one lap, barely... Video to come soon. There was a new hillclimb, that was pretty steep, and VERY dusty on the first lap. I could not see my potential line, but had to pin it to try to make it. Tried to shift down mid-hill, and broke my shifter, while slipping it into neutral, rolled back, and fell off, while rolling down the hill. I didn't realize my shifter was broken at this point, so got back on, cleared the hill, made it to the finish, and the same thing happened while coming around the corner to the end of lap 1. I stopped, looked down, clicked it back into second, went another 100 yards, then it fully gave out, and I can't get it out of it's current gear now.

Luckily, I was only 150' from my truck, so I just loaded up and got out of that place.

On the other hand, my son did great in the 50cc race. He was quick off the line at the start, and finished a solid 4th. His last race was a year ago, at the 2012 funky chicken, so he doesn't race much. I'm proud of him!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151486081352060
    bbc, Coffee, oregonsage and 2 others like this.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Glad to hear you are OK. We were wondering where you disappeared to. Sometimes its just not your day. Bill and I had a pretty good time hanging around and watching (and choking on dust). Got to talk with a guy running a Vintage MX race at the big K on Aug 3-4, chatted with the Polka Dots guys and their competition from Idaho on another 125....Its really hard to have a bad time while hanging around a race.

Too bad the dang wind refused to blow...
    Blakelpd5 and BILLF like this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I think he might be the same guy I was doing battle with at the ISDE Qualifier in Idaho City.
  11. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    YOUNG MR HOWARD HES FROM BOISE
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Funky Chicken and Series Finals are posted for AMA National Western HS...including the series win with the Team Johnson Bros/BMP front wheel (note that Mr. Campbell seems to have upgraded his bike recently to be on the Husqvarna team)
    200FC-WHS.JPG