1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Blew Up Fc 450

Discussion in '4st' started by Darrin Gauvin, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Darrin Gauvin Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FC 450
    Hi All, I roadrace an FC450 in supermoto trim. I blew it up last week and destroyed the engine cases. I want to go with a bigger bore. Since I have to buy new cases, can I start with FE 501 cases? Will the transmission and any serviceable parts I have left over work? I obviously need a new crank, rods, and cylinder. I am also hoping to put be able to put my ported 450 head on as well. Will this work?
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I would go into the parts diagram and check part numbers to verify. that is the definitive way to check compatibility of parts.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I'd have thought the entire bottom end would be identical between the 450 & 500 to save on manufacturing costs? Could well be wrong but I thought it was just the top ends that differ?
  4. SixNinety Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna 701 Supermoto
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 525 XC ATV
    It used to be that the 450cc and the 510cc engines only differed by the bore. However, they have been revamped and I'm not sure any more.
  5. Darrin Gauvin Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FC 450
    Found my answer. Cases are the same. Only difference are rod length, head bolt length, cylinder height, and cam chain length. That's it if you wanna make your 450 a 501.
    MotoXImage likes this.