1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Black IMS on 08 TXC450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It's late, I'm beat... but I knew you guys want to know so... Mine fit excellent, better than stock. Nice and slim seems like it will be very nice. Miss the red shrouds and think the black is to much. I'll let you know about the capacity late tomorrow.

BTW, damper post is going to need to be all new but it will not be real hard. Already have a good design sketched up.

All the pix are here - http://motosportz.smugmug.com/gallery/5766176_SKaDR#356644219_wFsk7

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Huskinator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,TE510,TE450,TXC450,WR165,TE511
    Yea I was thinking the same thing. The colors are off now. The black is too much and the natural is too white. Now if we can just get some cool red Graphics for the new tanks we will be in Husky heaven.
  3. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Yep! Ditto on both statements. I am not really sure. I like the balck alot because it will not turn yellow-ish later on, they both are ment for milage so I am still trying to make up my mind. Ho-hum
  4. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just put a white/natural tank on my brother in-law's 08 TE510. Quick easy install. Looks pretty good too.
  5. flight120 Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the pics Kelly, lookin' good!
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I knew the black would look better!! looks good!! IMHO,,,
  7. oregon_rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looking for Red/White graphics to put on the new black tank. Someone mentioned that Hall's might be coming up with something. I want something very similar to the '08 OEM graphics - "Husqvarna" with some red and white to break it up a bit. Can the OEM graphics be made to fit?

thanks,
    jeff
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Hey Thanx Kelly....
    You're on top of things once again
    Ya I think the black is a bit much...but no way am I complaining.
    Still fits great and looks fantastic.
    No use sending pics of mine,it looks just like "Kelly’s".

I was talking with Jeff from Hall's. Can't say enough on his hard work and dedication to Huskys.
    Thanx Big time...
    Anyway says something is in the works and we might see or hear more in about a week or so. Whatever the time he is on it and I'm sure what ever he comes up with, it will be awesome!

Thanx again there Big Guy !!
  9. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    I will be looking for some tank graphics soon. I think that graphics will make a world of difference on either color. I am just giddy from having a gollon more of gas to run through before fill ups. Now, has anyone found out the range on this tank? I know it will be different per model, but, how much gas does it take after run out. 2.75 gl? 3 gl? Just wondering if any of you lucky owners of these tanks have done the figerin.

Thanks,

Gary
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I put 3.05 gallons in mine. So it is a true 3 gal. How much you can get out of remains to be seen. I love the tank, it fits better than stock and feels better than stock. Smooth sides with no ridges is nice on the knees and the bike feels just as slim as stock. Fantastic job Halls / IMS (thumbs up)
  11. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Go get the camera and let us see.:)

I am starting to lean towards going with the white-natural tank. The black will probably start looking chalky-white after getting mud and dirt rubbed into the surface. This is what has happen to the exposed areas of my stock tank.

Besides not being able the see the fuel level, I am concerned about the black getting hotter in the sun cause excess vapor to enter the atmoshere leading to global destructing.:rolleyes: Oh, I forgot the emmision system will take care of that.:D
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just so I am not confused in 09 if they bring in the 09 WR125, would the 08 fit assuming the 09 WR125 had the same frame as the 08 4 strokes? The 2ish gallon tank on a 125 would stink for offroad use even in races. I mean, really, who wants to pit unless you have 5 hotties for a pit crew?
  13. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Never mind. I had missed your earlier post with the picts.