1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Bing 54 Carb

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Billd, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Billd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 CR 360 GP, 2015 TE 250
    First off....I already bought a new Mikuni for my Husky!!
    I was bored the other day (when your retired you can be bored) and had my Mikuni off changing jetting and decided to put the old Bing 54 back on my 75 360CR. 4 bolts, to swap manifolds and a new airbox boot and its on. Took it apart to make sure its clean and get some numbers...MainJet 195 Needle Jet 285, Pilot Jet 45
    cant get a number off the needle cause its worn. The needle is the type with a grove in it that has to be installed from the bottom of the slide (an then put the clip on) instead of dropping in in from the top with the clip on. I thnk someone at some point switched needles. The slide is a 53 which is stock.
    Any idea what number the standard needle would be, so I can look for one? The standard Husky specs call for a 318 needle jet.
    Wouldnt mind replacing both.
    Is there a float bowl that doesnt leak gas all over when you tickle it with hose adapter or something?
    The bike fires up on the first kick after tickling it btw!! Want to dial it in a bit more.
    Flordia at sea level.
    thanks
    Billd
  2. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    The Bing needles don't have numbers they have etched rings to ID them. Call Bing and give them the number off the carb body, they can tell you what came in it stock and you can get it from them.
    Billd likes this.
  3. SteveJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1970 400 Cross, 1983 500 CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    84 Honda CR500R, 81 Honda CBX,
    Never found any way to stop the tickler from dumping fuel on the cases. I stuff a rag under mine when cold starting.
    Congrats on being bored, haven't quite made it to retirement yet, but close.
    Billd likes this.
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    don't hurry too retire, it comes with aches and pains you never knew were possible
    Eurofreak likes this.
  5. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    But of course...multiply your age times your moto injuries times your work injuries times your inability to grow old gracefully and I can't wait to retire!
    BillD, the tickler is messy but does work well. My Triumph starts quite well after tickling under the chin a few times, I wish she wouldn't drool so much tho...
    Bill502 and Billd like this.