Billet Clutch Slave Cylinder

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by joedirtbike418, May 24, 2009.

1. joedirtbike418 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey everyone over at 7602 Racing. When I was working down at GP Motorcycles, I always had questions reguarding aftermarket slave cylinders for the huskys. I am not aware that any exist, and as you guys probably know, the stock ones are garbage and wear down easily. I believe if you guys started to make these, people would line up out the door for them!
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    joedirtbike418,

If you are looking for an aftermarket slave cylinder, zip ty racing makes one. Yes the stocker can wear down after a while. We are working on something that will stop the slave cylinder from wearing down, but it isn't the cylinder housing. Will shop pics when I can, lots of summer projects in the works right now.
  3. joedirtbike418 Husqvarna
    A Class

Sweet! Yea the housing itself isin't so much the problem as is the soft material that wears out on the piston wall. I recently set up a dealer account with you guys for GP about 2 months ago so anything like that I'm sure Paul (the owner) will want to stock. Keep up the good work.
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Joe, Whats up!? I'll definitely let you know when the new products are ready.
  5. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Give us a hint of what the new products are.............;)
  6. joedirtbike418 Husqvarna
    A Class

Cool, cool. I actually need to order a couple things from you guys soon, so I'll be giving you a call sometime.
  7. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    They are for Husky's. :busted:
    Sounds good.
  8. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now thats some cruel teasing :rant: :naughty: :D
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Here is a pic of what we have been working on for the clutch problem. The stock piston has very thin walls that allow it to kick sideways as it is traveling back and forth in the slave cylinder. After a while it makes little notches in the cylinder wall and the o ring can't seal against these notches.

We built a new piston that has a thicker piston skirt. We also switched from an o ring to a quad ring. The quad ring is moved towards the back side of the piston so that it doesn't have to travel over the notches worn by the old piston. From what testing I have been able to do so far, it is working awesome. No leaks yet, and all seams to be working well.

[IMG][/IMG]
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice work Clay. Hard ano might help as well. I have had better luck with round O-rings for longevity but that is primarily with rotating shafts.
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks. Yeah, the production versions will have hard anodizing.
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Nice work.

You are good at describing things. :thumbsup: