1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Bike securement

Discussion in '2st' started by HS507, Dec 29, 2016.

1. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    Anyone know what that devise is that stops forks from being compressed too far when tie downs are sinched tight? Im thinking of using it, i hear its bad for seals to pull bike too tight. Any opinions?
    Big Timmy likes this.
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I've always cinched mine down with nothing I just make sure I don't leave em that way longer than I have too. Rather than buying anything I'd just cut a scrap piece of wood to length and call it a day. Just my opinion though
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    A chunk of wood under the bolts on front mudguard on top of the tyre always works for me.
    87husky500xc likes this.
  4. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Yeah it's one of those things that was invented because people will buy it. If your fork seals are gonna blow, it's not going to be *because* the bike was tied down.
    juicypips, johnnyboy and justintendo like this.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Seal saver. Plastic thing that rests against fork tubes, tyre n fender. Not so much bout blowing seals more bout keeping bike rigid wen in back of ute/trailer. Basically stops forks compressin wen cornering n allowing tie downs to move/unhook. Trust me it's not a pretty site watching ya bike being dragged down the road by one tie down!
    They cost bout $15
    ohmygewd, PDL and Big Timmy like this.
  6. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    I used to use the one you buy, but to keep it compressed enough to stay in place, your front tire gets squished a lot. I gave up on it and just don't cinch it down enough to fully compress the suspension. If you tie the back pegs, the bike doesn't budge.
  7. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interesting expreriences. Yes i wondered if this device would be good tire would havevto be flat topped for sure. Yes i will just try sinching pegs along with fork tie downs. Will buy one of those plastic things anyway and experiment. Yes if seals are going to go they are going to go but it could put undo heavy pressure on them on a few hour trip to track i could imagine. Im just experimenting and over thinking as usual
  8. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Yeah I personally don't like the idea of heaving the suspension down for long periods of time. I know it should be fine but I just prefer to choc it with some 4x2 and compress the front tyre.

It's your call tho sounds like you've got some money burning away in your pocket.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  9. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    I think they're called fork savers, cycle gear has them for like 9.99 us. I have 3 of them one for each bike and love them. Only compresses the forks about and inch or so and securely keeps the front end much better than without using them. Top of it fits with fender and bottom or tire end is cupped so it goes over tire nicely. Has tabs on sides to rest on forks, I love them especially since I use a 3 rail open rail trailer. Plus buy the thicker tie downs like the 2 inch wide ones not the smaller cheap ones they work way better and don't work loose on long trips. I also use a ratchet tie down on long trips for the rear tires wrap around tire and rail of trailer so rear doesn't bounce off trailer.
    shawbagga and HS507 like this.
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Haha shawbagga thats my worst nightmare ..

I always put an extra tie down on side frame as tie downs can loosen - especially as they get older
    I use fork savers but sometimes wonder why as they can be a pain
  11. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Been using fork chocks for yonks (years for you Yanks) now and never lost a bike! Like Shawry said, it's about keeping the front rigid whilst transporting rather than compressing the f@#k out of your forks.
    A great setup also are the rear wheel tie downs and just a snug tied down front...even better is using large turn buckles attached to your pegs and anchored at around 20-30 degrees, then you use tie downs as secondary's.
  12. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes i use one ratcheting strap over rear wheel to add stability. Yes, peg stability is mentioned in manual
  13. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Use a section of 3'' PVC for front tire brace. Sits nicely under fender and locks on tire knobs.
    juicypips likes this.
  14. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice idea!!