Beta 200rr

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by johnnyboy, Jul 21, 2018.

1. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    PaulC, Huskynoobee, oneal and 2 others like this.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Certainly this little bike will be every bit as successful as its bigger brother. It's the sort of machine that I'd be looking into, the next time I need to upgrade my two stroke trail bikes.
  3. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 200 definitely looks interesting. I wonder how/if their 125 is selling this year. I looked at one in March and literally could not find one reason to consider it over the TE150 I bought.
  4. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    That's the problem.

Great bikes I'm sure but at that price it's hard to beat a KTM/Husky
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    125 was kind of a let down with the price and lacking the other features like estart. This 200 has me interested though. Love my 250 but would really like to see how this compares
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm on the other side....if the 125 was a 175 with no estart...and a race wire harness I'd ride it....i saw the dry weight of the 200 somewhere and was not super impressed..a friend of mine has a 125rr and likes it..i know most of you guys like the button...for me I like light weight and simplicity with less chance of failures...still cool and a 200....sweet..
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    With the work I've done, and it's not that much just fine tuning, I'll be surprised if the 125 is better (or even as good) as my CR150.

Interested to try the 200 though. There should be a ride day here in the fall
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Interesting development. $8399 is the listed price. It's amazing how small the spread is from 125-300. $7999-8899.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I will be checking one out for sure.
    johnnyboy likes this.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    This bike has my attention, way more than the Gas Gas 200EC. I need to ride one before I consider buying one though... I learned that with my '12 Husaberg TE250, as I never rode one before buying it. It was a great bike, but not really for me. The last 3 bikes I've bought... '15 TE125, '16 200XC-W and '18 TE150, I got to ride them before I bought them and knew what the were. Though the 200XC-W not perfect for me, way better than the TE250. The Sherco 125SE Six Days is an awesome 125. It's better suspended and carbureted out of the crate, than the Husky.
    My biggest doubt on the Beta 200RR, is the suspension.... I've heard from some top suspension guys, that the components are very low quality and wear out quickly. The press releases talk of all new upgraded suspension components, so we will see.
  11. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I thought I saw that the 2019 bikes have KYB suspension.
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sherco Factory Models get KYB, but Beta is still Sachs. From the 2019 200RR spec pdf...
    Front Suspension: 48 mm Sachs USD fork, adjustable compression, rebound, & spring preload. Rear Suspension: Aluminum Body Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression
  13. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    :doh:

You're right. I went back and looked where I thought I saw that and it was GasGas not Beta
  14. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whatever flavour eventually turns ones crank, it is a great time to be a small-bore enthusiast. Lots of choice.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. twowheels Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hoping for a WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 Beta 125RR; 16 TM 144/300
    I've been prepping (and riding) a Beta125RR as a possible replacement for my TM144. The Beta feels like an 85 - incredible how easy it is to move around. The downside is the motor size - great output, just not enough. The National Enduros have been kicking my butt on the 144, and its stronger than the Beta. The 200 won't be offered in a Race Edition this year, but it will have estart.
    NCSteve likes this.
  16. freejack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WB165, 95 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 wr200, 88tzr250, & Beta evo300, B
    Im currently on one of Walts 165's but after riding the TX125, yz250x, tm300 and a few others I have decided to order the new 200, only problem is we probably wont see here till well into next year as the local Beta enduro importer says he has no information etc yet, does anyone know when they will be available in the US & how much,importing one this could be a faster option for me.
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would think and almost better option may be a husqvarna te 150...why? Electric and kick start....at least 15 pounds lighter then the beta...more then likely more peak horsepower...beta wiring not cool...oil injection cool but not cool...i like a 144 much more then a 125.. like the idea of a 200...gas gas is back just a tish porky.i.would think it would not be to long before they get em here...review's I watched acted like peak power not so great..but still a good option...to bad husky don't make a tx 150..

18. twowheels Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hoping for a WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 Beta 125RR; 16 TM 144/300
    We'll ride the Beta 200 at the dealers meeting in early November, with bikes to follow before Thanksgiving. My own experience suggests the handling will be fantastic - my 125RR really threads through the trees. Balance is superb. Brakes are ridiculously strong for such a little bike.
    NCSteve and johnnyboy like this.
  19. freejack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WB165, 95 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 wr200, 88tzr250, & Beta evo300, B
    Decision just got harder I've just spent 40 minutes on a demo model Husky TE 300 injection with 10 hrs on it, AMAZING, super smooth power delivery & everything I want in my new bike, didn't notice any extra weight, good suspension & well balanced, I was able to ride it easily on slow technical trails and effortless throttle application for the uphills, :eek::banghead: I think i might have to broaden my horizons