1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Best Way To Convert To 18 Inch Rear Wheel?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Tahitian_Red, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Tahitian_Red Husqvarna
    AA Class

What do you think would be the best way to convert my 78 250CR to an 18 inch rear wheel? Should I find an 83 Husky rear wheel or buy an 18 inch rim and spokes from Buchanan's? Thanks for your input!

Jay
  2. HuskyT Moderator

82 or 83 wheel /hub will work just fine... get rid of the 78 cone style hub... if you want buy a new wheel and spokes that is great but you will need the hub......

T
  3. Tahitian_Red Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks HT!

Does the 83 hub offer strength and better braking? Will I have to machine spacers to make the conversion or is it a straight bolt on?
  4. HuskyT Moderator

5. race-desert Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm in the process of attempting this same project for a 78 390 OR except i'm putting together a front 21"and back 18", (just so both rims match in color) , So far I have hubs from a 78 CR and I have a set of what I was told is oem 87 510 wheels! Does anybody know if the 510 wheels will lace up to the earlier cr hubs with the right spokes??
  6. Long Range Husqvarna
    B Class

For my 78 OR250 project, I got an 18" akront rear wheel from a 1976 WR360 and laced it to my refurbished 78 conical hub.
  7. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    T,
    anyway to get the missing pictures back on the axles and spacers thread?
    has a few of "this image or video has been moved or deleted" where some very helpful pictures should be.
  8. HuskyT Moderator

Sorry Tommie...you are right I'll fix that ! I still have them in my Photobucket Album acct somewhere ..... I did some rearranging in there and inadvertantly disabled the connecting link... will have to repost.... I don't have access here at work but will try and get to it sometime in the next few days...

Sorry guys but my posting of specific tech data and pictures is usually limited to late at night after the kids and my wife have wrung all they need out of me for the day... I have some more manuals that have been submited on 82 250 Autos and 84 ? 510's that need posted in.... keep all the good stuff coming....

T
  9. Bryll Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Some
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some
    No worries T, most guys with a family got the same problem ;)
    Looking forward to see the pictures.

I'm very impressed by the activity here in the forum :applause:
    The vintage section is a real gold mine of information for me.

I also get a chance to practice my crappy English ;).

Peter
    (with three vintage Husky roaches in the garage)