1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Best way to clean TE310 injector.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Huskyyyyy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Huskyyyyy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    TT350 1994
    Wondering if anyone has clenead their injector before and has a good way to do it? Do I need to take off the tank to access the injector? Will taking out the injector throw out the TPS?
  2. DJ Easterby Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just the one for now
    I can't answer the question on the TPS, but I did clean the injector on my 310. I did take the tank off, more room to work, makes it easier, not certain if you could remove the injector with tank in place. What out for fragile plastic elbow on tank to fuel line. I had ordered the ZipTy Racing Alu elbow and hand on hand in case I broke the stock one.

I had googled a couple of video on cleaning once the injector is out. Seemed to work quite well. I attached a small length of tubing to the injector where the fuel line connects and filled with carb cleaner. Got a 9-volt batter and taped the lead from my multimeter to the pow/neg terminals, then I simply put pressure on the tubing filled with the carb cleaner as it touched the leads to the injector terminals. You will be able to hear the injector open and see the spray from the injector as the fluid goes through. I did this a couple of times. The spray pattern on the shop towel was even. My injector was quite clean so not much in terms of dirt or discoloration showing up on the shop towel.

It was pretty easier even for a newbie like myself. Google this and watch a video or two on it.
    Huskyyyyy likes this.
  3. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    Most efi shops will ultrasonic clean and flow test car injectors for 20 dollars an injector . I'd prolly just do that .
    Huskyyyyy likes this.
  4. DJ Easterby Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just the one for now
    If it's the cheap to get done that's an easy call.
    For mine it was more eliminating possible causes of the bike running poorly. The easy test I did showed the injector was not the issue. If I had been $20 to get it cleaned would be welcomed over the purchase of a new one.
    Huskyyyyy likes this.
  5. Huskyyyyy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    TT350 1994
    Thanks DJ Easterby, to get the injector out will I need to stop the fuel flow somehow? Or will that not be a problem?
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    except for residual momentary pressure in the fuel line (warning: could be 40-50psi) the fuel system will not flow gas. Unplug the fuel pump though- because someone is bound to hit the starter and cause a 2 second burst.
    Huskyyyyy likes this.
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400