1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Before & After - Rear Fender

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by schimmelaw, Feb 26, 2009.

1. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Photo 1: Left - take-off stocker. Right - UFO rear fender for 96' Yamaha YZ250.
    Photo 2: View from the rear.
    Photo 3: View from the front looking back.
    Photo 4: Underside mounting. Seat base and plastic shield will be painted white to match fender. Paint designed for plastic will be used.
    Photo 5: Mounted side view. The "lines" are good (not angled up too high or too low) - and the fender is about 2" longer than stock. An aftermarket under the fender tail light/brake light assembly will be mounted up later.

Attached Files:

2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Ya that comes out at a very nice angle with good lines as you said. Did you trim the end of the fender? In shots 2 & 4 it looks like the end's cut shorter, but not in the other views.
  3. HuskyT Moderator

New Seat pan and seat frame loop? Close up of the seat mount bolts please inside and outside if you don't mind?

Bolt sizes and where did you get the ano washers again?

T
  4. HuskyT Moderator

Right rear shock: Douglas Fir, Birch, oak or maple?
  5. hawaii-rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TC250, 2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 CRF-270x, 95 CR500, 93 CR250 etc
    if he is a true Texican, its Mesquite

then when the bike is finished, BBQ, Texas style

HR
  6. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Picklito,
    No triming on the tip of the fender, as of yet. Waiting on tail light and its location under the fender before any of that. Hope I don't have to trim anything, I want a longer tapered fender.

HuskyT,
    Stock seat base, tirelessly cleaned up. Scotch brite, bleach toile ..... bathroom cleaner a go round w/ me in the shower a couple of times. Still stained. Will be painted off in the future along with the plastic filler peice. Powdered original stock loop. I'll get some mounting hardware pics posted up this wkend. Still in ruff mock up. I'll get bolt lengths up then too. Ano washers from Comet Karts Sales.

"Oaklins" - rep promised no more bottoming out and I bought into it.

Motard conversion progressing.

Rick
  7. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

HuskyT,

Photo1: Top side of back fender mount. Rubber fender washer sandwiched by fender and blue ano spacer. Spacer is a Honda xr650r fender part which recently got plated. 6x1 nylock flange nut. New rubber from Phillip in AZ.

Photo 2: Right side seat attachment bolt and upper inner mount. Seat bolt is ssteel 6x50 flat head allen. All of the other mounting bolts are 6x30, also ssteel flat head allens. Ano conical washer, rubber washer. Still so trimming to do - blk marks.

Photo 3: Business end. There will be a tailight back up in here eventually. Note stained seat base - uggggggggly! No way to get that white again. Too old. Too neglected. There is a plan for that. It will all be white post seat rebuild. Just used the two upper mounting holes to mount the fender not all four.

Photo 4: Just a good look.

Photo 5: Right side seat nut - 6x1 nylock flange bolt. Left hand side seat mount bolt. Note triming marks on that side - needed for looks and silencer mounting clearance.

I'm shooting for a completely rubber mounted rear fender setup. There are still a few issues to deal w/ but it is mounted, its sturdy/solid, cheaper than the $35.00-$40.00 I have seen the repos go for, a good platform for the rear light assembly and finally, I had fun w/ it.

Rick

Attached Files:

8. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I don't know, but it's gonna be stiff as a board.