1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Before & After - Chain Tensioner

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by schimmelaw, Feb 14, 2009.

1. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

1st photo: Stock - I think - 81' 430 XC chain tensioner parts. Great, alot of nasty, grimey, wore out parts there. What a mess. Alot of freeplay/slop in those parts. Roller wallowed out on the back bearing location causing drag and a wobble - fixable. Aluminum mounting arm bent, garred upped, wore down and the mounting holes wllowed out and wrong size. Upper mounting bolt is some american coarse thread w/ the head ground down to clear under the swingarm. Bolt of the same origin. Bent, wore out and grimey washers of all sizes. Who knows where they came from or why. When I pulled the assemby apart they went everywhere - oh well - I got a plan.
    2nd photo: Parts. 1" wide steel mounting arms designed as the stock. Blasted and waiting on powder. Left mount has upper and lower 6mm mounting holes the other has an upper 6mm mount hole for the swingarm while the lower is 8mm. After market roller for this arm. (It as easy to build two of something as it is to just build one when you have all the tools and materials out. One black and one frame silver). Holes drilled out just because. Thicker and wider bearing for the backside of the roller. The wallowed out area of the bearing location on the roller was trimmed up and the larger bearing was installed. Kept the 6mm mount hole. I found a spare inner bearing spacer laying around which got cleaned up and ground down to fit. A couple of anodized conical washers, some ssteel ones and mounting hardware finish out the parts.
    3rd photo: Its all as it should be. Everthing is clean, solid and tight. No freepaly. Roller functions smoothly with no wobble.
    4th photo: Backside view.

Attached Files:

2. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Update post powder, nickle plating and ssteel hardware

Photo 1: Front side. Refurbished stock roller, powdered steel arm, star concho for fun, 6mm nylock flange nut.

Photo 2: Business side. Nickle plated spring w/ mics nylon washer for wear and ssteel allen mounting bolt.

Photo 3: Backside.

Another component ready for re-installation post frame/swingarm powder.

Attached Files: