1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Battery mount service bulletin

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by lesrsz28, Feb 2, 2009.

1. lesrsz28 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I went to pick up a replacement fender (warranty issue small tab for battery missing) for my 08 TXC and was told that there is a service bulletin out on a new mounting bracket to help with the battery issue. I was wondering if anyone has seen it or already has it installed? They are getting this for me at no charge:thumbsup:
  2. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Was the SB for just the TXC or did it also include the TE???
  3. huskynw Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have seen the new holder and I would still zipty or velcro the battery, it is cheap prevention.
  4. lesrsz28 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did not ask sorry. How is the fender/battery section? this is a pic of mine. The service bulletin shows a bracket that helps hold the battery. I also plan on using velcrolock to hold battery in.
    [IMG]
  5. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

battery mod

yes ther is a plastic u shaped part wich the dealer charged me £10 for
  6. lesrsz28 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was at the dealer yesterday and was looking at the new 09 TE 310 and it had that installed. I dont see haw it helps too much. I will see when I get mine.
  7. neversurfaced Husqvarna
    AA Class

What's the deal here - how do I get one??? :excuseme:
  8. lesrsz28 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would check with your dealer when I was charging my bat the first day I got my bike and was looking at how to better secure the battery I noticed that one of the plastic ears was missing from the fender. The dealer replaced my fender and told me about this part and to hold off installing my new fender untill it gets here 1-2 weeks. If it comes with any info like a S/B number I will let you know.
    Les
  9. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

I made this for mine in 1/2 hr & works a treat, drill & tap a M4 thread in the back plate, 1 hole in the guard from underneath & bolt it in place :thumbsup:

[IMG]
  10. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

This is the easiest & the one i use now though, absolutely no movement & a simple pull strap. Its easier than the rubber one.
    Cut & file two slots in each of the ribs, feed the strap through & your done, a bit of very thin stainless on the bottom edge so the battery has something to sit on, i left it loose so it can be moved out of the way when changing the filter

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. lesrsz28 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Those are nice set-ups,:thumbsup: as of now I have just glued some velcor lock to the fender and the battery. This stuff is very strong you have to pry the two sections apart to get battery out.I will try and get some pics if you like. I think it is better than the strap and you have no battery movement.
    Les
  12. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

:thumbsup: there all better than the Husky fix, it`s just another hook that you rivet to the frame & a second strap, it`s actually quite fiddly & doesn`t really improve much, i used the extra strap on my shed wall to hold my shovel up :p
  13. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Both is sometimes still not enough, ask me how I know :banghead:
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    can you guys post the SB number or name, and or a photo of the piece? my personal service bulletin works great but looks like a hellish zip tie spider web.thanks
  15. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

it`s just another rubber strap & rivet on clip, POS

You`d be better off with some of that serious velcro or some of the other ideas posted :D
  16. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

I picked up the upgrade part today. I haven't installed it yet, but here's ehat it looks like.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good thing I decided to install the bracket before I went for another hardcore pounding ride in the morning. The battery was a couple of hard bounces from getting a hole in it. There were two sources of the problem, the first was the bottom support fins in the fender had worn deep groves in the bottom a rear of the battery. The 2nd problem was a hole almost worn through in the rear top of the battery. This was cause by a broken off Battery Tender lug that settled in between the fender and battery.

The new holder will help support the battery more uniformly, but I don't think it will do much for holding the battery solidly in place. The battery is a fairly massive part that is subject to Newton's First Law of Motion. So if you pound your bike hard, your going to have a battery problem and hopefully it's not when your alone 20 miles from anyone. Remember a TE won't kick start with a completely dead battery.

[IMG]
  18. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    :eek: Ouch...I think I'll be checking mine.
  19. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

did you get the free battery too ??

Just be careful to check the height of the battery, (for the ones that haven`t yet put a strip to lift the seat a little) by adding the plastic plate it can be just enough to crack the top where the seat rests on it.
  20. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know anything about a free battery. I do have a split section of rubber hose on top of the support frame for the seat.

Install the new Husky battery cradle and noticed that the battery would still be sitting on the support fins. I think cutting the fins down by 2mm would fix that problem. The cradle part looks like it will keep the battery from sliding sideways which tends to break the taller side side on the fender.

I think I'll look into to building a sheet metal battery cradle.