1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Batteries

Discussion in '2st' started by HS507, Feb 13, 2018.

1. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    Besides a weight issue, is there any other benefit to lithium vs a basic tusk acid battery? More amp crank or same?
    Because if its not more power or lasts longer then why pay 2x price?
  2. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    I'm looking at same thing for my fc450. What I've found lithium can have more cranking power and may or may not last longer. Basic acid battery usually only comes with basic cranking amps. I have numerous battery tenders and don't want to buy a new one for lithium battery. I've gotten 3 years out of the stock yuasa stock battery so I think I'm gonna stick with the same again. Been told 1 to 3 years for a bike battery maybe more maybe not so for price of battery n new tender I'm going for stock.
  3. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    I changed over to the lithium batteries a few years back and will never go back as a result. While other batteries get weaker during repeated starting attempts the lithium units actually get stronger. They also out last the old lead acid units, weigh a lot less, take up less space and are not damaged due to vibration. The battery post also stay cleaner and need almost no attention to keep a very good connection. My units have lasted up to 5 years and have never seen a charger of any kind.

Paw Paw
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    I've had the same "Shorai" LFX14L2-BS12 Lithium battery in my BMWG450X since early 2013, the bike sits for extended periods of time (Loaned out to a buddy with less than 6 hours put on it in the last 2-1/2 + years). I have never had it not start the bike when hitting the button.

I have never used anything but the least expensive model "Battery Tender" brand or most of the time 90% maintained whether needed or not plugged into a cheap Cycle Gear $15.00 "reasonable facsimile" copy of what a "Battery Tender" maintainer really is.

I don't believe the Lithium batteries requires a special charger. I've had a very large EarthX Lithium Battery in my Harley Roadglide bagger and its outdoors all winter in a carport, seldom under a cover, over 3 years. I haven't ridden it 10 miles in the last 18 months. Its been pigtailed to a small "Battery Tender" maintainer to keep the alarm system from draining it down for 2 years. It cranks right over instantly.

I run a less expensive Tusk Lithium battery in my 15'FE501, had it for about 18 months. I've never touched a "Battery Tender" to the pigtail I installed on the bike when the bike was new.
  5. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    I’ve been running my shorai for 5-6 years now. No charger and starts every time. It’s sat for months without being disconnected and I haven’t had any issues with it. I don’t plan on ever going back to a lead acid battery again.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  6. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes sir, That was 1 of my points. The Shorai is worth every penny and you can turn your back on it for quite a awhile and its still ready to go when you are.
    I can remember when I was told on here that the Shorai batteries only lasted a year or so and we should only buy a Earth X battery as they are the best out there out of all of them.

As I said in the previous post. I have an Earth X in my Harley bagger. (Edit added) The Earth X battery size "ETX 36E", I'm talking about in my Harley is the largest size available, Its actually the same size as is used in large displacement side by sides.) This bike sits for extended periods of time. If I didn't keep it connected all the time to a Battery Tender it will drop below its (proprietary internal circuitry) automatic 9 volts disconnect voltage and it has to be momentarily bumped with a larger higher voltage 12 volt charger to bring it back to life again. It comes back up quickly to starting voltage but its still a pain in the ass.

Atleast I'm not having to buy another battery for it every 18 months.
    268fords likes this.
  7. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Exactly. The factory yuasa battery barely made it three years. I’ve been quite happy with the shorai.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  8. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    I guess I'm gonna have to give a lithium battery a go now after all the testimonials. Hope it's the same size as the stock one not much room there
  9. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Teambowles,
    It will be smaller and have way more cold cranking amps for its size. You will have some room to spare.
    Teambowles likes this.
  10. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    The Shorai comes with adhesive rubber pads for the battery box to make a tight fit.

Paw Paw
    Teambowles likes this.
  11. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    Ok i bought a tusk lithium this time to try out, if it lasts 2 years like the yusa then i will go Shorai next
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not all lithium batteries are the same. I've had issues with the stock ones in the KTM/Huskies. I've also had issues with aftermarket ones. Buy the good known brand ones.
  13. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Like the shorai I'm guessing