1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

athena 300 kit

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Darkside, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    It looks like the 09 TE310 hasn't changed much from the 08 TE250 design except for the big bore kit. So instead of trading in my 08 250 for the 310 I'm thinking of getting the athena kit. Has anybody out there done this? Last I heard, there was trouble getting the efi working properly. I'm wondering if I'll need a power commander too.
    Thanks for any input.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I noticed your location is in the SF Bay area :D

I would love to be involved with this project if that is ok with you. I don't know anything about putting a 310 kit on a TE250 but would very much appreciate the opportunity to document the project.

3. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Didn't George from Uptite do a project like that not too long ago & got the fuel injection sorted out?
  4. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, I think he did get involved with someone by the name of GregMatty;-) 2008 TE 310.
  5. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I talked to George on the phone a couple of months ago right after he put it in. He was working on a custom PC type of thing and also working on the ibeat software. I guess another call is in order.

Coffee, I'm in the East Bay. Lemme know how you would like to proceed.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm in the east bay too - PM anytime. Have video camera will travel, or you could come to my place... but I've never done this kind of work.

EDIT - this looks like it might just work:

[IMG]
  7. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Greg has the athena 300 on his 2008 TE 250 and loves it! If you want the 09 310, just add the kit and make all the cosmetic upgrades and I bet you'll be ahead on the money side of that upgrade as compared to the trade-in deal.

David
  8. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

I have ridden the 08 with the 300 kit and it rocks! It is real close to a 250 smoker in the excelleration dept. The efi tuning was done with i-beat and set to the standards that George developed.
    later
  9. RobbieL Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    10' TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' SMS630
    Have not done an EFI model yet, but the only problem I encountered on an 06' TC was the coolant fittings stripped when removing them from the old cylinder, even after heating the cylinder to soften the thread sealant. You may want to have new ones on hand just in case!
  10. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

What is the cost of just the kit? I am interested to see if buying the 250 and adding the kit myself would be that big a savings..
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You would love a kit on a 250. I rode Kelly's TC310 (250 with kit) more grunt, just a easy to toss around.

Thought the kit was in the $700 (ish) range.
  12. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Last I spoke with George, the kit was about $850. My biggest concern is that George is in So Cal and I'm up North. The EFI tuning is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this.
  13. snowpromod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any updates on a kit for the EFI bikes??
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Did you ever put the kit on? This thread was from August 2008...
  15. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

FWIW a member of my club put the 300 kit on his '08 TE and he loves it. Since we're on the east coast he sent his bike to Ferracci and they put it on their Dyno to tune the fuel injection/software.
  16. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did they have Ferracci put the kit on just do some tuning? I am curious what the cost of labor was.
  17. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did Uptite ever finish this?
  18. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Still on my list of things to do. I don't have a lot of time to bring my bike back and forth to my dealer to play with the ibeat. So I need a sorted product.

Not sure if George finished perfecting the FI mod.

I noticed on the Husky Hard parts catalog their kit includes a new ecu. Just don't know if, when, and how much.

So I'm still waiting to see what's out there. At this rate maybe the new 310's will have the new smaller engines based on the new TC 250 and I'll get one of those.
  19. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

My dealer put a 300 kit on a 2008 TE250 while the bike was still brand new. I picked the bike up and it was un-rideable with the stock EFI mapping as set for the TE250. I took it back to the dealer and I believe he worked with George at UpTite. The bike then ran flawlessly.

SInce that time a buddy of mine put the 300 kit on his bike and it came with a new ECU or ECM. He said his bike ran as well as mine did.

If you go for the 300 kit, make sure to get one that his the new ECU or ECM.

NC