Are they going to end James Stewarts career?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If anything the WADA needs to be talked to. They might effectively end James career. What a mess and quite wrong IMHO. He has a good chance to win it all this year with RV out this year. Its just wrong.

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/393685/24
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I was a fan of his and I don't know if he was doping or not
    Should he get away with doping if he was?
    If he was doping it is an unfair advantage, just like in all sports and doesn't belong in racing IMO.
  3. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    What I don't get is that his team mgr should have definitely been aware of these types of substance concerns LONG before it ever could have become an issue, so it should never have been a problem in the first place.
    reveille and Motosportz like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It was Adderall he tested positive for which he has taken, doctor prescribed for years for ADHD. You could tell right after that and forced off it of it he had trouble staying focused and making good decisions. Yeah, I (we) don't know the whole story but I can't imagine there is a big performance increase and the WADA has a bad history of messing up careers over crap that does not seem to matter. Thats my feeling on it from the little tiny bit I have read. Maybe he deserves to have his career ended like this but it does not seem right.
  5. richard kersten Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    klx 250s vulcan 900 yamaha stryker
    Why is VP out.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Headed to europe this year.
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes

Granted, I read the same thing.
    Does it make it right because he was "prescribed" it for years?
    I want answers too.
    I like JS.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Was fun watching him at the straight rhythm battle it out with his little bro
    Motosportz, trailboss and 454x like this.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Adderall (Add it all), Hell Yea!, that's some good stuff, wakes the mind right up, makes you feel alive, authorized. I mean, not that I'd know of course. That's the rich white man's crystal shabu. No wonder they went ape shit. Hahaha

Adderall = Amphetamine mixed with Dextroamphetamine

Amphetamine is used as a performance and cognitive enhancer, and recreationally as an aphrodisiac and euphoriant.
    Dextroamphetamine is widely used by military air forces as a 'go-pill' during fatigue-inducing mission profiles such as night-time bombing missions. Preparations containing dextroamphetamine were also used in World War II as a treatment against fatigue.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I coached different sports (basketball and tennis) with kids on my team who had ADHD. My experience from my observations is that Adderall has the opposite affect on kids that "need" it compared to kids that took it for recreational reasons. It seemed to calm down the ADHD kids who would otherwise have zero impulse control but is like speed to the kids who don't have ADHD. I had a kid who if he didn't take his meds would foul out of a bball game in under 5 min accompanied with that, what ever kid he happened to be guarding would be bruised up and crying. One day his mother over medicated him anticipating what evil things might happen at the pizza party scheduled after the game if he was off his meds. The kid was tame and calm almost as if in a stuper, he played with no intensity. If JS has ADHD then it's all about getting the dose right at the right time and I see no gained advantage to too much or not enough of it.

Note: I'm not a doctor but if you give me any flack I'll put the ADHD kid without his meds guarding your kid and meet you in the ER after the game. LOL
    JonXX, 454x, MotoMarc36 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    He's going to have to prove a long treatment of ADHD, but it might not matter either way. If WADA can strip an Olympic gold medal from a pseudoephedrine cold medicine user, I think he is real trouble.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The drug pseudoephedrine is banned because it masks the detection of some steroids that are banned. The debate of wether some drugs give an advantage is not relevant when in most professional sports the athlete signs a contract agreeing to comply with the rules. Now that weed is legal in some states just like pseudoephedrine is legal in all states is beside the point if the agreement to not use them is in the contract with the organization.

These days the rules seem to be getting out of hand and yet they are not applied evenly. The government can legally detain without a trial, drug and torture people and this is tolerated by the same public that won't allow a racial slur (Don Sterling) or a left hook to his girlfriend (Ray Rice). For the record I don't condone either.

It seem very possible that James Steward has ADHD... it would actually explain a lot. If so, hopefully he will get a fair deal.
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I agree that the JS team knew full well what prescribed medications were being used and the risk of doing so, if they didn't they where derelict in their duties. The rules are there, you either choose to abide by them or take a chance and get caught. I have no doubt that James was diagnosed with a disorder and prescribed the medication but that doesn't excuse you from taking a banned substance. In the end it's simple, but in today's society we continue to over complicate these issues. That's my take. Sucks either way.
    john01, Motosportz and lankydoug like this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    not only that, but it makes you irritable/cranky/edgy......being super sharp, edgy and annoyed at your enemy helps put you in a good killing frame of mind.....
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    TemecuCoastie and Tinken like this.
  16. jcg61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM300, 1972 Rickman 125,78 YZ125
    I think he looked more mature and relaxed on the bike this year, I was rootin for him. Hopefully it all works out for the best,for everybody involved.
  17. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    He, his trainer, his Dr. & his team should of known. He is the fastest person I've ever seen on a bike period. But I still don't care for his crybaby ways. He is an incredible talent for sure.
  18. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I don't think it's right, either, but it seems like WADA is a "rules are rules" organization.

Two thoughts on this. I see a difference between a drug like Adderal, which CAN be legal with a TUE (therapeutic use exemption), and steroids , blood doping etc, which can NEVER be legal. We're talking about what amounts to a (unexceptable/unexplainable) paperwork snafu. I mean c'mon, you'd think the guys putting up all the cash for the race effort would have all that chit on LOCKDOWN and handled.

Second, I think there will be proponents appealing to the FIM/WADA , maybe in some dark room somewhere, who will point out the prestige a James Stewart brings to the series, especially in Villo's absence, and the possible negative financial impact that banning him may have. Stewart brings people from outside the core audience into attendance...
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  19. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    My thoughts on this are...
    1. Lance Armstrong made WADA and international cycling look like a bunch of idiots for years. They will surely take no prisoners and will have to stand by their previous decisions that seem foolish to protect their integrity by throwing poor Stewart down the shaft. They make far too much $$$ from the international sports community to appear wishy washy.
    2. I wonder how they think it's OK for race winners to pound Monsters (just legal liquid crack in a can IMHO)on the podium if they are soooo worried about performance enhancment and setting a good example for youngsters who look up to them. If they are striving for pure atheletic ability then they should ban energy drinks, caffine of any source, vitamin supplements, protein and whey powders etc. Oh crap, then who would sponsor the race series? :banghead: Guess they could always take money from the tobacco comapnies again.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I see things pretty simple I guess but....if it's an illegal drug don't take it PERIOD. If you don't know if it is or not, find out before you take it. If you take prescribed meds that are illegal and get caught it's still your fault. Like an old TV show actor use to say " don't do the crime if you can't do the time" or something like that. I like to see all the guys race without any illegal advantages be it personal or equipment.
    Xcuvator, Wolf and shawbagga like this.