Anyone riding in Moab March 17??

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by motomoose, Feb 15, 2013.

1. motomoose Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I'm renting a moto (unfortunately not a Husky) in Moab on March 17. I'll be doing some mountain biking there too till the 20th. Contact me if you want to do some riding. I'm there solo until I meet my family in Vegas on the 21st. Thanks.
  2. kchotrod Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Moto Guzzi LeMans DRZ400SM
    My family and I will be out there. Staying the 15-17 th at Archview Campground. Then we are moving over to the Sand Flats REc area. My first trip there so learning the ropes. My three sons are going 3 Huskys and a KLX300. If you want to try to meet up let me know and I can send you some info.
  3. motomoose Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    It would be great to meet up! I've been on some trails there mountain biking 2 years ago. Some challenging riding in Moab. How old are your kids? What type of riding do you prefer? Everything from dirt roads to "survival" rides there. Check www.dirtbikeutah.net
  4. kchotrod Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have boys from 28 to 22 down to 14. I am 48. The 28 is by far the most daring. I was looking at Seven Mile rim, Poison Spider etc.
  5. motomoose Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Cool. Five Miles of Hell is at the top of my list, if you guys are up for what seems to be a good challenge. It's a Moab dirt bike classic! At least we can help each other out if needed.
    I have mountain biked Poison Spider from Gold Bar Rim, and that would be a fun ride! The trail head is near Arch View. Also near your campground, is the Sovereign single track - more great fun.
    I'm 41 and have ridden my WR 300 for 3 years. I would love to bring that awesome bike, but the logistics of bringing/storing the bike was too much to be worthwhile for 1 or 2 days riding.
  6. kchotrod Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    We wiill be at Archview in spot D 40. It is a class C Freedom Express with a white Enclosed trailer with Husky stickers on it. We will be there March 15th thru the 17th for sure maybe longer. Was thinking of moving over to the Sand Flats rec area Mon-Tues.
  7. motomoose Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Thanks. I hope to arrive in Moab sometime on the 15th. I'm not sure where we will be camping yet, but I'll track you down. A buddy from work is joining me for some mountain biking till the 19th as well.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cliffhanger is a must do too as the views are epic and the trail is fun / challenging in a few spots. Poison spider is a good long fun trail but not a ton of the cool views. Slickrock is EZ and semi lame but a great place to shake out the cob webs, get used to the rock, enjoy the views, have a fun EZ time. It is alike a video game. Wish i was there.
  9. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I was thinking of a Moab road trip. Been 15 years since riding there on mtb and road bike. My favorite is Porcupine Rim backwards and then riding back down avoiding Sand Flats. Jackson Hole Loop is a nice long ride and a good hike a bike workout in the middle. Back from Behind to Pritchet though may need a shuttle. I used to clean Slickrock but my last ride was too cocky and ground a lot of skin off my arm and leg so I don't ride Slickrock any more. I think would be a lot of fun with the Husky but I'de need to figure out what I could ride without getting stuck in an area that too technical to get through (Like Pritchet at the end of the Behind the Rocks ride) and be a mile from Moab and have to turn around. Probably a bunch of good out and back rides in any regard. This list of trails seems pretty thorough... http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/idx-moab.htm
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cliff hanger

[IMG]

Just so crazy there when you are used to riding NW deep woods stuff this is like another planet.

[IMG]

Poison spider looking down on Moab...

[IMG]
    Johnrg likes this.
  11. motomoose Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Great pictures! Is Cliff Hanger the same as Amasa Back? I mountain biked that a couple of years ago. Thanks Johnrg for the trail list link. I wish I had more time to moto on this trip! The fella coming down with me only mountain bikes. Maybe I'll put cards in my spokes while I'm riding with him. Braaaap