Anyone Have Power Commander V Maps? The Ones From Dynojet Make No Sense.

Discussion in '610/630' started by Ungarisch, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Ungarisch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R, 2007 SM610, 2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Z1000
    I got a used PCV from a buddy and it had a custom map loaded onto it. I didn't want to use his custom map because his bike was set up really screwy... He still had the maze in his airbox, which is completely unmodified with the snorkel still attached, as well as having the stock O2 sensor still plugged in, but with the Arrow pipes without the DB-killer. Not a very common setup to say the least.

So I went to Dynojet's website to download some maps and I think there is some major issues with them. It seems like the more unrestricted the bike is, the more lean the map is from stock. As you can see from the clips below the stock map is the riches, with the slipon slightly leaner, and the full system with airbox mod being completely lean.

If you have a custom tune for PCV, intended for dual pipes, with or without headers, and somewhat of an unrestricted airbox, please, please post it. I'm pretty sure these DynoJet maps are not correct. I tried all 4 on my bike and both the FMF slip-on map and Leo full system maps made it slower than just the iBeat 100/109/118 tune I had previous to installing the PCV. The "stock" Dynojet map made it a bit faster than iBeat tune tho. BTW, my bike has dual Arrow, opened up intake, O2 delete w/ resistor and iBeat now set back original 100/100/100 setting.

Stock Pipe, Stock Intake Map
    stock.PNG

FMF Slip-On, Stock Intake Map
    fmf_slipon.PNG

Leo Vince Full System, with Airbox Mod
    leo_full.PNG

My Buddy's custom tune map with Dual Arrows, Stock Intake, with maze still in Airbox
    custom.PNG
  2. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Hi mate,

I have an FMF 4.1 (currently with spark arrestor) and a bog stock airbox with snorkel and PCV + AutoTune. I'm going to get the thing custom mapped in that state and once I have a decently tuned and rideable map throughout the rev and loading ranges, I can then upload.

After that, I'm going to get it mapped again in open loop without the spark arrestor or AutoTune, but will need to open up the airbox a bit with one of these 4.5"x4.5" again:
    http://store.ehsracing.com/search.asp?keyword=4.5
    (will be waiting on the new airbox and EHS filter until next year though unfortunately).
  3. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Here's the ZipTy map for comparison:

Attached Files:

4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Yes, the variation in Dynojet's maps is inexplicable, but those guys map a lot of bikes, and for whatever bike/mod combos they had in front of them that day I believe those worked. In general I think you're safe running the stock or FMF map in any bike. Generally these bikes (with stock ecu fueling) are plenty rich down low and in the midrange, but lean up top. Pick a map, or adjust w/ iBeat and you'll be ok. If you need more precision then that you'll need a good dyno operator and some time.

I ran my bike with the PCV and FMF map for 12,000 miles. Eventually pulled the PCV (just to eliminate a possible failure point) and last 3000 miles were with iBeat adjustments only. Can't tell any difference.

5. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Hi Bob,

Do you have a target AFR for the TE630 that you could share from your experience?

I'm targeting 14.2 as a lean cruise (5-20%, 3500-5000 rpm) and progressively enriching (to 13.2) as RPM or throttle loading goes up. The very top end (6000+ RPM, 80+% TPS) is targeting 12.8. Does that sound about right?
    I'll grab a picture tomorrow when I have access to the garage laptop.

Can't get any dyno time around here until early Feb!
  6. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    To me, these numbers seem rich (coming at this more from cars where stoichiometric and even leaner is not uncommon in cruise ranges), but then, I never played with target AFR's on bikes. Certainly, lots of target AFR data I have been able to find for bikes is very rich in the cruise area compared to what I would have thought necessary. Also not sure that 12.8 is really needed on the top end, might be happy a bit leaner at 13 or 13.2? (just didn't want to risk it and figured the extra cooling wouldn't hurt).

Attached Files: