1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Anyone have E-mail address for Rad Mfg.?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mxer74, Jan 29, 2009.

1. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello,
    Does anyone have a contact e-mail address for Rad Mfg.? I would like to e-mail someone there about a wheelset for a TC 450. I am just curious if an aftermarket wheelset (or maybe just a set of their billet hubs for a TC) would be that much lighter than the OEM ones? If anyone already has that info, please feel free to share. I'm just thinking weight wise, if it is going to save several (I'm talking maybe 5+ lbs.) pounds then it might be worth it but if it's only going to save a pound or two then probably not. Just a thought! Thanks.

Blake
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Feb. '09 issue of DIRTBIKE, from Ty Davis; "The brakes are great, and the wheels seem strong. I weighed them and they are just as light as what I used last year."
  3. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

AWESOME! That just saved me a chunk of change. Thanks as always!

Blake
  4. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

TC

what is the minimum weight in your class. was just wondering if you could pare this down so far that you would be underweight ?? motocross action had an article on a lightweight honda and they droped 10,000.00 on it to get 202 lbs. the husky is supposed to be 203 lbs. on the floor, the single biggest thing you can save weight on is the axles, the rest i pretty much bling and wasted money... IMHO :cheers::cheers: :excuseme::excuseme:
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Aftermarket CNC hubs are almost always more weight than the cast stock ones. The huskys are very light. I would guess this would be a hard place to loose weight.

I bet a carbonfiber seat base and light foam would get a few pounds off. A custom and minimalist chain guide might yield a pound too. Tires vary several pounds and it is all unsprung weight.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    In the same article about the lightweight crf they mentioned they sent the stock hubs out to be turned down. Im pretty sure they sent to TCR for this. Give them a call and see what they can do.

http://www.tcrwheellacing.com/index.html
  7. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just talked with TCR they can make complete wheel assemblies for 2 and 4 ST Husky's. Talon hubs, buchanan spokes, and excel rims in whatever color for $1,379 + shipping. However she said the front wheel is 12-13 lbs heavier than stock and the rear is 13-14 lbs fatter.

So its a no go for the 125. I will continue to search for a stock set of wheels.
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    12-14 pounds per wheel yikes Are you sure she said pounds not ounces?
  9. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm just going by what she said.... She also told me the stock hubs were magnesium, which I corrected her that they were cast aluminum and she told me whatever.

She said the HSQ hubs are the lightest stock hubs available. But ounces sounds closer to me. Someone else give her a call and ask the same questions????
  10. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

WOW!!! Motosportz, so what you're saying is that you are going to start making carbon fiber sub-frames, frame guards, chain guides, etc........hahaha:D Anyway, I am just wanting to lighten this TC 450 up several pounds without spending an arm and a leg (I kind of need those to race...so they say). I think the Ti shock spring is a must and is an instant couple pound savings. Thanks for the advice.

Blake

*Keep this thread going, I like it!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That has to be ounces unless the spokes are 1/4 inch and the hubs are steel.

funny you mention this as we are working with a local carbon fiber guy right now on some trick stuff.