1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

anyone got 76 wr/is 79 or tank same

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by patgas, Mar 27, 2010.

1. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

could someone confirm that the 76 wr tank is same as79 or or just give me dimensions cheers,ie width at top, bottom length and height thanks
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Do you have a picture of what the tank you want looks like? Would it be the same one that once was on the frame and other stuff I listed in the classified a couple of months ago? You seem really pesistant, to me for my purposes all my tanks in the pile are functional while other parts well less than half of them are functional. I think you can answer your own question by going through the parts sheets and pats numbers.

Fran
  3. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

75 to 80 tanks are pretty close, starting in 77 78 they stopped using the cross over line on the bottom of the tank.
    they will fit the frame without modifications.
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    What he wants isn't going to be a steel tank? I would guess the wr had the larger of what tanks they used.
  5. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

WR,s had a larger tank, i think 2.6 gallons, CR had a thin tank, cap off to the tight side, some were alloy some were steel.
    alloy CR tanks are fetching top dollar right now..heck the last WR steel tank i picked up off Fleabay ran me 100.00 and it needs restored...
    should have held on to all the tanks i used to have:{
  6. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

steel

what i want is 3 gal steel tank not ally on .

Attached Files:

7. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

i have one,, but well restore it first before i sell it,,
    one pictured looks to be a 79 tank..only reason i say that is the heatshield on the pipe.
  8. Murph Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just bought a used CR alloy tank for mine from Husky Spares UK and paid 200 pounds (~300 USD) for it. It would need to be resprayed if doing an as new restoration and it has a small dent, but as I will race the bike I won't bother spending anymore on it. I like the "used" look :thumbsup: