Anybody have any idea how to hook up this Lifan CDI to my 2000 SM610S?

Discussion in '610/630' started by esskay, Apr 19, 2015.

1. esskay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 SM 610S
    Alright, I've troubleshooted my starting/running issues back to a bad CDI with help from a previous thread. It was mentioned that at least one CafeHusky wizard managed to get his bike running with a cheap Chinese Lifan 150 CDI, so I decided to pick one up!

It finally arrived today, and I'm realizing that the pin outs aren't as obvious, as say, making a reg/rec fit from one bike to another. Some things like ground are pretty obvious, but I'd rather not trial-and-error the rest.

If somebody has experience with the conversion and willing to shed some light, or even if somebody has a half decent wiring diagram for my generation of 610 (my husky service manual is sorely lacking), it would be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. esskay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 SM 610S
  3. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My mums Harley Davidson 883. Lol
    Search for fattyjr, think he used the 150cdi for testing. You should message him
    esskay likes this.
  4. esskay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 SM 610S

Thanks! I messaged him.
  5. Carl Langwood Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610 S 2000
    esskay, I have the same problem with my Husky. No spark and I have traced the fault to the CDI. The price for a new one is astronimical, would you mind sharing the modification to the Lifan 150cdi to fit the SM610S (2000 model)

Thanks in advance.
  6. mg94 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610S
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT600
    Esskay i do have a decently readable wiring diagram for your/my bike, if you're interested. I can send it to you along with the complete workshop manual.
  7. Carl Langwood Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610 S 2000
    mg94, could you send me the wiring diagram please, I have traced all the cables from my CDI unit on the Husky and should receive the Lifan CDI and loom tomorrow. There appears to be no wiring diagram with it though! There are various diagrams on the web but most seem to contradict each other!
  8. somesuch Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. mg94 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610S
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT600
    Sure, no problem! If you send me a PM with a email address I'll mail it to you.
  10. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    How did this go in the end? I've ordered one from Slovakia, apparently brand new, for £90.