1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Anybody fitted AER inserts into xplor forks

Discussion in '2st' started by retromlc, May 9, 2018.

1. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    Hi all, I'm back on a Husky, i have a TE250TPI, and loving it.after a few hours I fitted springs for my weight (up one on each end) then fitted the Dal Soggio kit which is a massive improvement, but after reading a few reviews and chatting to some lads on XC-W with AER forks the itch was still there and I got involved with buying a set of 2018 TX 300AER FORKS, but the bloke rolled me and sent only inserts and feet, unable to return them i and thinking if fitting them to the the xplor forks, anyone else done this? Any information would be great thanks, i mainly race enduro so a mix of slow to medium woods and fields, nothing flat out
  2. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Bummer on the scam.
    No recourse? Ebay? You could open a case there if needed.
    Good luck with the forks.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I personally would leave the X-plor forks as they are.
    contest the sale with ebay and get your money back.
    and buy a set of AER48s as was your initial intent.
    for example Our local suspension guy George S101 here in San Diego has 2 sets of AER48s for sale from customers that removed for older open chamber fork swaps.
    me personally I really like the AER48s, my only gripe is the rise in pressure during the course of the day riding or racing. I have learned to compensate with a lower start pressure that maxes at my preferred pressure.
  4. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    Cheers for the reply, it wasn't eBay, it was a forum private deal. I'm hearing mixed thoughts on aer but some very positive comments as well i wonder if they are a little firmer over small roots hits at lower speeds or you can dial this out with lower pressure i like the forks plush , thoughts?
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I treat them as springs that they are. but I keep them/start them on the lower side of the pressure to rider weight spec because they do have a rise from heat during use and outside air temp as much .5 bar which is a lot and can be felt.
    I take them as race pace forks not so much trail cruiser forks , for trail riding speeds I think the open chambers are more floaty and plush, Ive used high end open and closed chamber spring set ups in the past.
    I am amazed at how good they are out of the box. I don't see a need for modifications. Just finding a happy pressure somewhere within the chart and the one I extrapolated for my heavy weight and with clickers alone. The place that they shine like pillows is on G outs how the pressure ramps up for bottoming resistance. my wrists thank them all the time.
    I keep mine @ mid to high 9 bar zone OEM is 9.6 I usually start them a little under in the 9.5 range and after a few laps and some friction heat they up in the high .6 range .63-.68 as high as into the 9.7s 9.7s, for me is ok more than that and they are more MX than enduro spring rate.
    If I follow the oem rate set chart I would be at 10bar.....I tried it and if I was a Pro MX guy or a Baja 90MPH guy I would go there....but more in the range 9.7 is best for me even with my 2 rate up rear spring OEM was 42KG and I use a 48 KG spring to get me sag right. Its all very personal but I like stinkbug some because I'm tall and end up never crowding the tank I tend to sit back more than front of seat. More of a Knighter style, that's me. I'm nitro and Michelin moussed and use FIM rubber for now GT216 fatty front with Shinko216 rear for reference
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    wait on that entire note I would stick with your Dal Soggio Sphere kitted X-Plors...man you're world class A level with that kit. Even the Ray kit is top tier.
    Another option for the xplor is to have a qualified suspension guy install KYB cartridges in, but I think the Dal Soggio kit should be every bit as good.
  7. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    Lits of good information to obsorb, but i don't have Dal Soggio sphere i have the basic XP-1 kit, which is how i got tempted to try the AER forks.
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I had a look a while back but never priced the Dal Soggio Sphere Kit......wow @ $2 grand USD. There are still many options by qualified suspension techs to do a multitude of mods to the X-Plor system, go look at Factory connection, Race tech, Pro Circuit, Kreft and others for some of the many mods those guys do.
  9. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    @robertaccio how are you finding service intervals? How many hours, and had any failures?
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Had stock explorers on my 18 te and revalved aer on my 17 tc...being and A rider I prefer the aers....for a couple reasons...can moto or woods it....3.8 pounds lighter!! Versitale...air acts like springs...little more for whoops little less for gnarly....i had 55 hours (hard hours) on mine.. before servicing...they were still working great and they did seals and oil and said they still looked pretty good!! Explorer was caddilac plush but felt more like a fast b rider fork to me...aer is good on small stuff and can take a hit... oh yea did I mention it is almost four pounds lighter That's huge to me...i love them..
    robertaccio and retromlc like this.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    first time in for service tech says they look really good, decided to stick with whats in them and not spend on the WP 2018 upgrade until I have a fail. I have a year of trail riding and racing on them with zero issues--What Fletch said. Hours I have to look at the meter but I will add it on here later. Info lots of trail riding lots of technical rocky trail riding Tecate enduro, Nat H&H, local HS races....still in good order--VERSATILE fork.

I have 77 hours on the meter, tech just texted me oil is TOO CLEAN, he recommended on the invoice to go another 20 hours (97 total or @ 100)...... so pushing the next service to dang near high 100s to 177. He reminded no springs in there scraping around to foul the oil. So there is another benefit to the AER48s less oil fouling. And did Fletch mention the weight (yes he did) It really is noticeable, for me it is anyway.
    fletchman45 and retromlc like this.
  12. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    So an update, i bought some 4CS forks to fit the AER inserts, we have dismantled them and swapped the lower feet over, we took our time.and it was an easy job, I'll build them up soon, just going through the bike after racing the Welsh 2 day last week.
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    Update, we stripped the 4CS forks and changed the feet over, which went smoothly, weight wise against the xplor forks the AER forks are 1kg lighter, I did a short test at 129psi and the comp 20out and rebound 15 out, at the moment i would say mt xplor Dal Soggio XP-1 fitted firks are better, plusher and handle choppy surface and roots better, any suggestions on clicker/PSI settings would be helpful, i weigh 185lb
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Use this OEM chart (with additions) to get a proper sag setting and good balance front to rear then move clickers around, I went higher in air pressure (same as chart match) and opened comp up front with great results. I use a 48 rear spring with 10 bar up front but with open HSCD out back and open Comp up front
    2017 TX300 Spring Rate REV A.png
  15. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 1190, 2009 300xc FOR SALE
    On the 4cs overall length vs the Xplr48 overall length, aren't the 4cs forks like 12mm longer. IE-Need to run the tubes higher in your triples. Would affect handling if they are longer and set at the same normal hash mark line.