1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Any experiance with double map switch on TE 250/310?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Bernie, May 12, 2009.

1. Bernie Husqvarna
    B Class

Has anybody tried the double map switch (8000H0590) on a TE 250/310?

I learned Sel1 is the default setting (this is what the speedometer is reading when I switch the ignition on). But is this the soft or power setting? How does the engine behaviour change with Sel2?

THX

[IMG]
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS

A "Dual mode button”, 8000H0590, is optional. It’s a handlebar button for selecting “MAP 1 = Dry Ground” or "MAP 2 = Wet Ground”. The default is Map 1.

Reading that I would assume that the lower power setting is #2.??
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sel 1 is uncorked and Sel 2 is for mud wet survival mode runs. Remember.......hold button for a few for it to switch........not instant
  4. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    We've not tried the switch on the 250/310 but it makes a big difference on the 510. The soft map (Sel2) reduces the power noticeably and makes the bike much easier to ride on slippery ground.

To swop between maps the engine has to be warm (above 40 degrees I think) then you push the button for about 5 seconds until the dash shows the chosen map number.

Dave
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sorta have to commit for a while then. Cannot envision that happening while riding during a race. Maybe at a fuel stop...
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I don't have a dual map on my 510 (Believe only works on 09's)

But I do have one on my Gas Gas 280 Trials Bike

Wow :eek: That little switch is a must when in the wet soup.

No delay, it works right away.....:D Just have to remember to switch it

back to map one when you come to a dry section.:busted:

Oh mine has a little picture of the "Sun" for Map 1 and some "Rain Drops"

for Map 2. Just in case you forget....
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125

Yes..the wonders of modern conveniences.....:D
  8. seredyns Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the switch on order for my 09 310 so I have not tried it yet but I was wondering about something. When the lambada is disconnected the bike switches over to the race map, correct? So what is the switch doing? Is it toggling between the race map and the map that is in effect when the lambada plug is in? Or is there yet another map (the wet one) hidden in there? I am just wondering because if it switches back to the stock map with the power up kit isntalled couln't that cause the engine to run badly?
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

with plug in (dry or sel 1) is default.........selecting Sel2 changes map to previous plug out/sensor in even with plug in.......got it?????
  10. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    When the lambda is disconnected and the race kit resistor is plugged in, the bike switches to race map. Unplugging the lambda does nothing on its own.

Once in race mode and with the dual mode switch installed you have access to the standard race map (Sel1) and the softer, wet weather map (Sel2). I would suggest the wet weather map adjusts the ignition timing too as it really does take the edge of the performance on the 510, its noticeably softer than running with the lambda installed.

Dave
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    So...
    1. Lambda installed and connected (stock) = "stock"
    2. Lambda disconnected & resistor in place = Sel 1 (race)
    3. Lambda disconnected, resistor in place, and dual mode switch installed = Sel 1 (race) or Sel 2 (wet)

are 3 different things and "stock" is not the same as "wet"?

Any chance that some bikes vary depending on intended market (EU vs USA)? For what year does this information apply - 2009? 2008? For all TEs?

While EFI is the wave of the future, it is incredibly easy to re-program them at the factory which will make keeping track of these things incredibly complicated.
  12. seredyns Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think I got it, so only two maps:

sel 1 - race map - same map as with powerup resistor plug - this will be the default when the bike starts

sel 2 - wet map - same map as stock with sensor in and resistor plug out
  13. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    That's not quite how I understand it..

With the lambda in, the fueling is dynamic: the system is closed loop and adjusts for emissions output. In Sel2 the bike has a soft power delivery making it easier to ride in slippery conditions. The two situations are different and I also believe the Sel2 mode adjusts the ignition timing.

We have a TE510 with dual mode switch and a SM510 in standard form - the SM510 with lambda feels more powerful than the TE in Sel2.

Dave
  14. tadgh Husqvarna
    A Class

it came with the race loom on my bike te250, i wouldnt bother with it for the 250 as it totally kills the power, what it seems to do is lower the rev limiter to about 75% or so (well thats how it feels). took it off anyhow because strangely i felt the lower power made riding the mud harder :thumbsup:
  15. cbreakin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Is it possible to select map 2 without the switch? On my 510smr sometimes (1 out of every 5 times) when I turn the key on it will display SEL 2, then fail, and then SEL 1. The bike runs very well so I don't think is an error code. I wonder why the ECU's looking for the wet ground map upon power up?
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    We are having a drought. Maybe the bike is sympathetic.

It may just cycle through to the default.
  17. Bernie Husqvarna
    B Class

my bike does it yesterday as well. I was also wondering but did not recognise any difference. :excuseme:
  18. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I thought Sel1 versus Sel2 are Ignition Maps-
    and lambda in versus out is- standard versus Race Fuel Maps

I ordered one to try- might not use it much depending- but on randomly placed greasy grape fruit and bowling ball sized cobblestone trail- it might prove to be usefull. :thumbsup:
  19. Tony2k Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a te 510 08 with 09 map upgrade. In my tachometer I can't see sel1 or sel2, but with this upgrade I'm sure that's possible to change maps like in 2009 models. Can someone post the scheme of the switch andtell me where it's plugged?
  20. Jrmobb Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used a random switch i had in the garage and even though the screen showed it switching from select 1 to select 2 I could not feel a difference. So i dont know if im missing something but only thing that i saw change was the display. :excuseme:

I used a on/off switch but it still caused the display to change.