1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Any difference between 2013 TXC250 and TXC310 exhaust?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by J_H, Oct 26, 2014.

1. J_H Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Zero X
    Looking to try getting more low end out of my 2013 TXC250R. FMF shows their power bomb is available for the 2013 txc310, but not the 2013 txc250?

Just an omission? or are the exhaust headers actually different between the two bikes?
    Anyone out there have any real experience with the FMF power bomb?Any good? or is it just a gimmick?

Any other suggestions for getting more low end grunt out of the 250? ...Aside from basic obvious like bigger rear sprocket....or trade in for a 2 stroke...
  2. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    Mix in race fuel. I can feel an immediate difference, especially on the bottom end. Strait VP T4 will make a stock bike run better and give you a nice bottom end gain (like adding a pipe), but at $13 a gallon, not cheap.

I use VP MS103 at 40/60 with pump gas, because I can get it cheaper than T4 and with the higher octane rating you can spread it out farther.

5 gallons gives me around 12 useable gallons with pump gas, which lasts quite a while.
  3. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    I've got a 2012 310 with a pro circuit T4 and it's a nice setup. I'm sure they make one for you're bike but the lead time if it's not in production can be over a month. I bought my bike with it installed but the power bomb was dented to hell and they replaced that section for 100.00 which I thought was fare. If you buy new I'd say buy though a dealer as direct they sell full retail price only.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The headers are the same on both bikes.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Where do you get your race gas in Jersey?

I have a little pinging on my 250 with pump premium.
  6. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

Two different part numbers in the spare parts catalog. 8000 H7312 is the header for the 310. 8000 H7304 is the header for the 250.
  7. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    Matt's in my area and Atco raceway sell it. I'm not sure if you need to be racing to buy it. 25 years ago when I used to go to street night they would sell it to anyone with cash. ;-) Now I'm sure there are rules.
  8. J_H Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Zero X

Thanks for pointing this out. I did notice that the parts catalog specifies different #'s for the twos bikes. The catalog specifies the same silencer for both bikes, the same gasket, same flange bolts.
    I was hoping someone has closely observed both bikes to see exactly what would be different. Is the shape of the exhaust port flange actually different? Small modifications I can handle, as long as the flange fits.

I assumed that the fundamental mechanical difference between the 310 and the 250 would be the cylinder/piston bore diameter. Am I off base here?

Thanks for all the replies.
  9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are correct.

I thought he was comparing TE and TXC310!
  10. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    There are three options I am aware in south jersey:

1) Anyone can go to Atco dragway to the speedshop and buy fuel. They are a standalone business open during the day and non racing hours. You can enter the first open gate during the day hours. My only advice is to call first and make sure they are going to be there. You can't go by their posted hours as they are erratic. Bring your own jug. I buy 5 gallons at a time. If you have a 2 stroke you want to buy C12, if you have a 4 stroke, I would suggest MS103. I would rather buy MS 101, but they don't sell it.

2) You can buy 5 gallons of VP fuels at Mt. Holly Kawasaki in Vincetown. They stock many VP fuels and sell them in 5 gallon cans. For my four stroke I bought T4 here at $65 for 5 gallons.

3) There is a VP distribution center in Newark, DE that sells to the public (never bought from them).

Just a few things that I have learned

• Both T4 and MS103 are oxygenated and thus will create more power. So while you are getting added protection from the additional octane, its the fact that they are oxygenated which makes more power.
    • T4 seems to make the most power (especially bottom end) run strait in my 4 stroke, but once you cut it with pump gas it doesn't work nearly as well. So I run this fuel strait, cutting it is a waste of your time and money. It is expensive at $13 gallon.
    • MS103 (which is available at Atco) makes great smooth consistent noticeable power gains throughout the RPM range, but is still expensive. With MS103 I can cut it 50/50 and therefore get 10 gallons of gas from 5 gallons of race fuel, thereby reducing my overall costs. IMPORTANT!!! I do not recommend running this fuel strait, it has too much octane and burns too slow strait, which creates a lean condition in stock bikes. When cut 50/50 or even a little less, it works fantastic. Great throttle response and improved power. This is my current fuel choice.
    • C12 is leaded. Theoretically if you do not have an 02 sensor on your bike, you can run this fuel, but I give you a couple warnings. C12 has a very high octane rating and unless you have a worked motor, it needs to be cut with pump gas (preferably regular). I tried this in my 2013 TXC310R and after a couple tanks my injector went bad. Not sure if it is related to the lead factor or not. Even though my bike does not have an 02 sensor, the manual clearly says unleaded fuel only. I didn't notice as much power gain (if any) compared to T4 or MS103, so I stopped using it.

I know there are many fuels out there, but because of cost and availability I have narrowed it down to T4 or MS103. This is what I have found to be true (for me) over the past couple years. Can you run pump gas....ABSOLUTELY without issue. I have found that running either T4 or mixing MS103 has made a significant difference in my bike, ESPECIALLY on the bottom, I can lug 3rd gear and have tremendous torque down low which transitions into the powerband without any hesitation. When I run on pump gas I have to run the bike a lower gear to stay in the power band, the bottom is too soft and useless. With race gas, I put it in 3rd and it just pulls through everything.

After running race gas all summer, I tried strait pump gas once and it was like a completely different bike. To the point that I didn't enjoy riding it nearly as much.
  11. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

310 Header. IMG_1599.JPG
  12. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    Good info Matt Cheers.
  13. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    SOME INFORMATION ABOVE IS INCORRECT!

If you look at the parts manual, on the 2013, Husqvarna lists 3 seperate header pipes. One for the 250 TC, the second one for the 250 TE and TXC and the third one for the 310 TE and TXC.

I am pretty sure you can MAKE them fit, but they are technically different due to the slightly shorter cylinder of the 250 compared to the 310.
    R_Little likes this.
  14. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good info on the race gas.

I was travelling to Newton NJ to buy Powermist T-111 leaded which I mixed 1/3 T111 2/3 pump in my 2 strokes.

My TE250 pings a little and I am thinking of using 1/4 T-111 to 3/4 pump but am now concerned about the lead.
  15. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    Lead will only matter if you are still using the pipe o2 sensor. It will coat and damage the sensor but without the sensor it won't hurt, it will actually help. Lead is a lubricant and a good one at that. Your valves and seats will actually appreciate the added lead.

The 250 and 310 silencer are the same but the head pipes are different due to the cylinder height differences. They are VERY close and I am pretty sure you can coax it to fitting but technically they are different.
  16. J_H Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Zero X

Thanks.I figured it wouldn't be too much different. Looking at the specs of the 310 vs the 250, the 310 has only about .25" more stroke than the 250.

Now the question is: does the FMF power bomb that is available for the 310 really do anything? The claimed side benefit of making the system less noisy is definitely a plus.

I'm probably going to go with the power bomb + the Q4 HEX S/A set up.
  17. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    I have the power bomb header and powercore 4 and it made a very nice difference, especially down low (where it is needed). I did both at the same time, so can't tell you if it was the header or the slip on that made a bigger difference, but I would never run with the stock exhaust again.

Also the FMF exhaust is note just a power bomb, but it is also a "stepped" header vs. stock which is same diameter throughout.
    Mike-AK likes this.
  18. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    I bought my 2012 with the pro circuit on it. From what I've seen on this site more people seem to go with the FMF. Anyone have comparisons? I've been happy with the pro circuit but I'm not a racer.
  19. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

I've got a PowerBomb and a Q4 on my 2012 310 and I noticed a big difference down low and it pulls a bit harder in the midrange also.
  20. J_H Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Zero X
    Great feedback everyone! Just placed the order for the Powerbomb and the Hex Q4.

Will post when it arrives to show how the install goes.