Another Seat Option

Discussion in '610/630' started by denny, Sep 29, 2010.

1. denny Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Guys over at ADVRider were talking about those. Someone noted that the picture aint got no dzus fastener hole .... something to confirm they have taken care of effectively.
  3. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

Punch a hole in the cover once satisfied with it and some way to glue it to the seat pan to prevent it from ripping is the only issue I can think of right off the top of my head. I am buying this once a few guinea pigs test it out :)
  4. strongleftleg Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got the first one, should be here soon. I'll let you guys know how it works and post some pics.
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Just wondering how the seat (s) are working out.
  6. strongleftleg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got my seatconcepts seat on but no ride time. I was doing a look over and found my chain guide is worn through and I'm cooking the chain on the metal housing. Waiting for parts. :excuseme:

The quality is very good, this is the second seat I've bought from them.

The seat sits a little higher than stock.

The dzus fastner is binding on the gripper material. Needs a thin metal washer or something.

Will update when I put on some miles....
  7. TheDutchman Husqvarna
    C Class

How about some pictures at least? :)
  8. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

try a nylon washer instead. PICS PLEASE ! :busted:
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Dig around in the last toilet tank kit you bought. There are often a nice assortment of large nylon washers in there .... at least that is where I found one. Actually I ended up using a rubber one. It flexes just enough to stop the handle from digging into the seat.
  10. strongleftleg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here are some pics:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. TheDutchman Husqvarna
    C Class

Can't see the pics! I saw them on adv though, and it looks promising! Have you had the opportunity to give it a real test yet?
  12. denny Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hope this OK, Here are strongleftleg's pics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

If it's not OK, someone let me know and I'll take them down.

I think it looks really good, I have added that to my list of must do's. I think springs that match my weight are at the top of the list though.

Also strongleftleg, Where did you find the expanded Aluminum that you used in your airbox mod, I've not found anything close to the original stuff and I've looked around quite a bit for that.
  13. strongleftleg Husqvarna
    AA Class

That expanded aluminum is from a first-aid kit. It is the metal-mesh material used to make various splints.
    I can see the pics I posted but others can't?
  14. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I had a problem last week getting a picture to show. I still don't know why.
    So I took another picture, went through the same process (Phobucket) and it worked. ??

That is a real nice looking seat. How much taller than stock?
  15. strongleftleg Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's not advertised as being taller than stock, though it feels at least a 1/4" taller, mabey even 1/2". I noticed the height right away. I'm hoping in breaks in a bit.
  16. oldjr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some Hondas
    Nice looking seat. How wide is it where you sit? I need to get something soon for mine, this looks like a good option.
  17. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

Ordered mine today. What did you do around the rear latch to make that all work and look real good?
  18. denny Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am wondering about the firmness of the padding. The original Husqvarna seat is quite firm and I like that, It's just so narrow that it tries to do a separation number on my Bum.
  19. jmesenburg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Concours 1400
    Okay, got mine! Firstly, there is some confusion about if the pre-2008 seat pans are the same. I'm happy to say this fit my 2006 TE-610 seat pan perfectly! It's easier to see the shape of the seat foam without the cover on...

Attached Files:

20. jmesenburg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Concours 1400
    ... it's a LOT wider than the stocker. I measured stock seat at 5 inches wide (in the middle) and 8 inches at the base- the seat concepts measures almost 10 inches wide! Foam seems the same to a tiny bit firmer than stock (they offer a firmer foam, but claim it's for 240 lb and above!). The seat cover is nice quality- gripper material on top and "carbon fiber" sides- that carbon-look is stiff and a real bear to stretch!

Attached Files: