AMA National Hare & Hound 25JAN09

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Jan 23, 2009.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    We have been on this event subject on the other thread. Wanted to have it under its own banner. OK?

My goal is to finish in the top 10 :thumbsup:....................................in the Husqvarna class, this is the self created class that includes only Huskys.

I will not be disappointed if I only make top 15 in this most prestigious class. Its the oldest class out there since 1903!!!
    Imagine a top ten in a national!!! See it depends on how you look at things!!! Choose the bright side its more fun!!! Enjoy the ride!!! C ya in the Johnson Valley Dez!!! R
  2. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

It seems strange to me that D38 would have their race at Plaster City the same day as this race. Wouldn't there be a lot of people that would want to race in both, if they were a week or 2 apart?

Good luck Robert, I hope they get some rain to keep the dust down. :) Ken
  3. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Good Luck to all the Husky racers doing the National or any other race this weekend. Time to start collecting Husky Bucks again.

Everyone have a safe and smart race and above all, have fun :applause:

Rob, bring a trophy back with ya to San D. Mitch.
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Hearing Ty Davis got a 5th today.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    wow lots of huskys out there !!loop 1 was good a basic dez race,,, loop 2 was a real test of mind, bike and body, some very ugly downhills and very tough climbs,,came through well,,,,anxious for results. R
  6. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Good job Rob. Any word on Ajaxauto?

Preliminary results showing R. Pearson, D. Kamo, D. Abbot, Sutherlin (Husky?) and T. Davis.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ajax was feeling a little under the weather,,but he got through everything on the mighty CR125,,ajax jr. did well on his CR125 as well. along with the Zip ty team D37 has alot of Huskys floating around.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    yep Sutherlin is Huskt too,,, spoke with Brent H he was also riding out of the Zip ty livery on a 510
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here is what i saw or heard Gary Sutherlin and Ty Davis got 4th and 5th over all
    Robertaccio did well in the open am class for this first Dist 37 National
    I was sick with the flu all week so was not up to race speed but still finished . Second loop was so asome with all the up and down hills .This is why i race a Husky 125 it climbs up hills better for me then any open class 4 stroke passed alot of stuck guys on the hills.125 expert class was won by Bob Roberts on a Husky 125 second race of the year for Bob and his new Husky and 2 wins in a row.Bob and my son matt were close together running in the top 20 overall at the end of the first loop .Matt had a few mistakes on the second loop but finished 3rd 125 expert .Not bad since he has not raced a National in 2 years .I saw about 18 Husky out at the race there were 6 in the pro class alone and many in the expert and am class .Husky is looking good for 2009
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am amazed at you guys on 125s!!! Brilliants rides all!! as for those downhills I wish I had a 125 or 250 2stroke,,,,for uphills I just love powering up with 4fiddy and torquing over the junk. Results?? I am anxious.. I was one of last off the line at the start..
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ajax...I hope you feel better and look forward to watching your results throughout the season!
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Way to go guys. :thumbsup:
  13. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

So they don't post results that day? What kind of scoring? Sorry but I'm not familiar with this H&H.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    The old taped to the fender, checkpoint color marked card, that gets peeled off at the finish and placed in order of arrival at the finish table. Old school style. and for an impatient cranky old bastardo like me the waiting is a pain (I heard there were as many as 400 riders!!??).
    But seriously hat's off to the Desert MC for setting up a great Dez race/ride with all the support (from other clubs like the 100's for pitting as well ) that goes along with that.
  15. husky rabbit Husqvarna

the prelims are up over @District37ama.org. Bob Roberts first in class on the 125!
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Bob got first and Matt Kearney second in the 125 expert class National class.Nice little start for Husky in the 125 class
    I was glad to finish got 11 th in National open class and 4 th in 0 to 250 class .Not a good start but we get one throw away and at least it is some points This weeken we do it again round 2
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    10th out of 35 SEN B starters, I am happy!!! Bravi Husky Piloti!!!Great job Kearny clan
  18. HuskyT Moderator

Great job Rob.....:thumbsup::cheers: I hear those rocky downhills were brutal......
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    @ 16.5 mins that hill was ugly trust me there were guys all over it and people were finding a line around it. you can hear him cursing the guys who went around it. I got stuck just past where he passed the guys and rode crosshill to the right and made a pin it left to crest the top.
    the downhill at 24min was the worst one for pucker factor very very steep and loose after that it never got as bad as those sections before that check at the bottom of the hill. R