AMA Nat Hare and Hound 15MAR09

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Feb 26, 2009.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Round 3 ,,,superstition,,,I know at least 2 of us will be there......:thumbsup:

Round 3
    March 15, 2009
    Roadrunner Off-Road Racing
    Kirk Hester
    (760) 275-9852
    captain@dc.rr.com
    groups.msn.com/RoadRunnerOffRoadRacing/
    LOC: Superstition OHVA, El Centro, CA
    GPS: 32° 54'7.23"N 115° 47'15.86"W
  2. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Count me in. Should be picking up an 09 TXC 450 early next week. Gotta start ordering goodies and get that suspension dialed in. Robert, McCain and D-38 the week before the race, maybe show you some trails around my casa. I'm on vacation till March 16th, so lots of seat time for me to get ready. Mitch.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    whoa!!! picking up the 09TXC!! super cool!! dropped pm with ph info.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    muscles got the good ache from the HS now onto the more open stuff (L1 will be no fun for me, don't like 1/2 mile straights over endless sand whoops, I hope not for this event) L2 will be more my cup o espresso
    Anyway its this coming weekend,,,for all the SD and SoCal fans, all the ZipTy dez pros will show for some Husky eye candy, as well as the only AMA #1 plated Husky and a couple of other also rans (me and ??)
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Good luck tomorrow! :cheers:
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Go kick some "GayTM" Butt..

Good Luck.:thumbsup:
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Howd it go out there?
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here is either what i saw or heard
    1 Dustry abbot Kaw
    2 David Pearson KTM
    3 Russ Person KTM
    4 Kamo KTM
    5 Nic Burson HUSKY
    6 Jake Augbright Kaw
    7 Gary Sutherlin HUSKY after a bad crash just before the finish

2 Husky in the top 10

As for the rest of us Husky racers we will have to wait
    I know i did much better then last year
    Our pit crew said my som Matt was the first 125 to finish
    Robert from San diego is on fire he almost caught me from a second row start
    I will post more asap
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    finished......L1 and L2 some very ugly L2 sections in some of the canyons,very big rocky washes,caused some steam a couple of times. LOTS of D38 sand, deep sand, dune sand,,,,,and sand whoops,,,not my cup of espresso,,,Some bigtime downhills as well. they said I was OA #200 my goal is always to finish, so again I am OK ,,, I also saw Ajax he said he OAd @ 180 but he can vereify that. Had no time to socialize was running tight on the clock in the AM. One of our crew was really on fire today waiting for his YZ250F adventure results.
    I did alot of safe speed cruising today, constantly having to adjust to the rally speeds and sand dunes,,, tires were working well, but my machine is set up for enduro and quick steering and she worked me some in the deep sandy stuff always trying to adjust.
    made all the 2 choice uphills was happy about that , and only had to redo one hill that was not even very big just got off line on rocks. Husky worked great once again,,no reall crashes just some tip overs,break time now,,,,Burson started (a good start)about 20 ft away from me on line 1,,,, I was on line 2 for the start
  10. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Sounds like an OK day.

2 Huskys in the top 10.:cheers:

Any race you can walk away from is a good one.:thumbsup:
    And of coarse you bike still works...:D
  11. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like too much fun. Rock sand is fun, seashell sand is hell. :)
    Looking forward to reading more. Congrats to Nick and Ajax and Robert and all the Husky bros.

:thumbsup:
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Uniofficial update had a friend check the unofficial finish board and they say i finished
    63 over all for the complet race only the expert and am did loop 2.I was the first m # to finish but we still need to wait and see about the pie platers.As for Matt he was 33 overall and looks like first but we need to wait and see
    As for the race the Nationals are neet because there are 8 races in different areas with different clubs ,so you get a lot of different terrian .
    The El Centro race is just north of the Mexican border just below sea level .Loop 1 was
    60 miles of which the first 30 were sandy and rocky washes with some turns.Next 30 miles were mostly flat out desert with some long deep sand washes.BUT loop 2 40 miles of hell.Figure it like this you have a mountain range about 10 miles long Front part is BIG BIG sand dunes with rocks in the sand you go up and down and along the front for about 20 miles.Then you go over the mountain and the back side looks like the moon
    just a bare rocky super rocky mountain You then go up and down and along the back side for 20 miles to the finish.Speeds are much slower on loop 2 and completly different from loop 1 Only the ex and am get to do loop 2 Loop 1 had speeds of over 100mph
    and loop 2 was more like under 25 .As for the little Husky 125 had it pinned all day
    fast as she would go on loop 1 and pinned to make the sand hills on loop 2 Last year we had some trouble in the sand so this year i knew what to expect so we just keeped it pinned.The 125 made every hill on the first try ,no problem there were 4 strokes stuck and over heating all over the place.Best of all for this old man was when i pasted the young kids that had flew by me on loop 1 with there big 4 strokes .On one hill i made
    i had to rest for a few seconds at the top but that gave me time to yell down to a stuck
    kid on a big 4 stroke .I yelled down come on you can do it i am 52 and on a 125 so come on that was so much fun.As for Matt my son the converted 125 racer he has done this race 3 times with the first 2 times on a big 4 stroke and a big DNF now he take my 125 Husky from last year and finishes the race and maybe with a win.Next race is in Lucern at the end of April
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ajax,,,you rock !! good explanation of L2, its always hard to explain to even hard trail riders how ugly but wonderful to challenge and beat some of the stuff is.
    Our crew super duper sen rider has asked me if we could get a package deal on 4 WR125s,,,since your story has been told. Get older downsize and go faster and/ or have more fun what a concept!
  14. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Well I can see you're a little bit of a "sh!t disturber".:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pick'n on all the young'ns...:D:D Can't wait.:busted:

Congrats on your race.:thumbsup:
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have never had more fun riding until i went with a Husky 125
    I have told this storie so many times but it is true.I never won a expert race until i went 125 and it was against the open class.Then last year i also win a champship i still can not beleive it.This year i am having more fun then ever the pressure is off to prove to myself i can win.I now love to go to the races still try hard but no need to take chances anymore .Loop 1 was way to fast and for me speed kills so i just cruized and waited for loop2 .On loop 2 i just loved the harder slower speeds and the fact i now got a chance to pass a few people back.
    It does not matter if you are a beg or a pro it is just fun to dice it up with a fellow racer When i asked my son Matt if he wanted a new 250 or 300 wr he said No i do notwant to try and go that fast any more
    Matt had a few good years near the top but he also broke a lot of bones .For now with his limited time with school and work the 125 and the fun factor is what he likes.Plus leading in the Nationals is also
    a plus factor
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  18. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Race Video

Race video from Promoto.tv is up on there website.

Sorry, don't know how to link it :lol::lol:

Good footage, with some good shots of the Ty Husky riders.

Maybe Robert can link it to this site.

Mitch.
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    from above post

http://promoto.tv/

thanks Beau,
    I have a nice KTM450XC-F in my garage (wow its Beau's machine, theres a story behind that issue)
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles: