1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Ahhh 2009 te 510

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by EF2.0, Mar 29, 2009.

1. EF2.0 Husqvarna
    B Class

Alright I picked up my TE 510 Friday from Malcolm Smith Moto here we are Sunday and I am already at 60 miles. I have just been doing a few rides around town. I just got done doing my first oil change wow 4 oil filters do i need to replace the cartridge every oil cahnge or just clean the 3 metal filters and replace the cartridge every so often??? Also the restrictor plate on the intake has been taken of along with the O2 sensor and i was told by the dealer that its pre mapped am I safe to drive like this as long as I take it easy??
  2. RumRunner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 450
    Congrats on the new bike!

I've heard folks changing the filter every other oil change, but I change the filter and clean the screens w/every oil change. I look at it as cheap insurance, $5.00 on a filter ain't much when it comes down to the price of a motor.
    Sorry but I can't help w/the EFI questions.

Enjoy the ride!!
    :cheers::ride:
  3. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would get a temperature guage/sticker for your bike! If it's running lean, it will run really hot. As a side note, my 08 TE 450 runs around 150 to 160 degrees and has gotten as high as 200 on a ride (actually hit 300 ONCE because I was running the oil too high and on the beach - I'm a dumb@$$). Replace the paper filter everytime during the initial 500 miles! George taught me to open up the paper filters initially to see what it's collecting and to make sure it's nothing bad. Now, I change my paper filter every 3rd time I change the oil...same with the metal screens.
  4. EF2.0 Husqvarna
    B Class

where do i get the temp gage sticker and were do i put it??
  5. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class