AGIP Coolant

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by kzoo, Sep 9, 2009.

1. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    I've been looking around for someone who carries the AGIP coolant. I didn't think I'd need 12 one liter bottles:D So I started searching the net, and I came across this site -

AGIP Coolant Link

I called the east cost HQ for AGIP today. They said that the "AGIP Cool" listed in the manual has been discontinued, and the replacement is AGIP Permanent Plus Blue.

According to the person I spoke with at AGIP, both the AGIP Cool and the AGIP Coolant AGIP Permanent Plus Blue are compatible.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Personally I would just drain it and fill with antifreeze / distilled water. Then if you are ever in need you can just add water.
  3. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    My end goal is to change it, but this will get me by for my CO trip... Too much to do, and too little time...:thumbsup:
  4. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have heard that most Volkswagon shops carry it.
  5. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    AF1 Racing in Texas sells it since they are an Aprilia shop.
  6. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    In europe they have standardized antifreeze long ago...not like in north america where almost every manufacturer has specific coolant....

so for euro coolant its either G11 or G12...one is ethylene based G11 2yr(blue) and one is long life 5yr rated G12(pink orange) they are not mixable together...the agip coolant is rated as a G11 blue

there are 4 yr coolants also in blue available as zerex G48(this is BMW extended life)

You can go green but flush it first....but any blue coolant from a euro car dealer that says G11 is whats in there already

a 4L jug from VW will last a long time....
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Is the Agip stuff not compatible with water?
  8. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Its like any coolant.... in that its mixed 50% with water......you just dont want to mix it with any other colors of coolants
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Cool. Thanks!

I know there's some waterless coolants out there and was hoping this wasn't one of them. I boiled over my 300 a few months ago and topped it off with water. Whew....
  10. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I swapped out to a mix of Maxima Cool-Aide and silicate free-Prestone Global- I had run that in my ktm problem free. I figured it had to be pretty good for the Husky too since the husky has a fan and overflow tank....
  11. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    I replaced mine with Engine Ice, as I've gotten really good results from it in other bikes.
  12. Reddog Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is the same way I have taken care of it also.:thumbsup:
  13. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

thats all i run in any of mine. took care of the boil over problems i had on my yz.

never had a bit of problem with in my kx or my wr. plus its enviromentaly friendly. if i poke a hole in a radiator or hose it wont kill the enviroment. (like a 2 stroke)