1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Aftermarket seat for '08 TE250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by krieg, Dec 15, 2008.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Can anyone recommend a good (meaning softer) seat? I've seen the Corbin and Renazco seats but I don't like the looks.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Charmin makes a good one. its more of an insert for your pants than a seat though. comes in rolls i think. :lol:

I have heard good things about the renazco seats.
  3. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm a little undecided how to respond to this... but I'll give it a whirl.

You offer no information about yourself krieg... kind of mandatory when you talk seats, and even more so when you say you want to take one of the thinest seats there is... and make it softer. Making a Husky seat "softer" can be an invitation to sit on the pan.

You're uncomfortable on you seat, not so much because it's hard, but because it's narrow. Your body weight is being supported primarily by your perineum, and I wouldn't be surprised if you were having issues with numbness.
    Because so much pressure is being applied over such a relatively small area, the feeling you get is the seat is too hard... when in fact, what you need to improve comfort is better support and proper weight distribution.

I add up to 3.5 inches of increased seat width in the "rider sitting area". This nearly doubles the total square inches of support surface and is sufficient to reach out to your hip bones and buttocks... which is where your weight should be primarily distributed.
    The poly-foam in the sitting area is replaced with viscoelastic foam, the density of which is calculated to be correct for your weight.

As to the cosmetics... I'm at a loss there as I guess I don't understand the basis for the comment.

Regards,
    Chris
    Renazco Racing PNW
  4. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

First I don't have a problem with the stock Husqvarna seat, yes it's hard, but it encourages me to stand in the attack position when I ride.

With that being said I think Renazco makes a nice quality product that does a fine job for all you that sit while riding.

http://www.renazco.com/gallery.cfm

BlipBlip
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    :thumbsup: What he said...

If you think thats a hard seat...try sitting on this.:lol:
    [IMG]
  6. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

Send your seat to Spencer at greatdaytoride.com and tell him you want the theraputic gel treatment. It's like magic, man. He'll rework your seat and send it back out the same day he receives it, and it will visually look stock (same vinyl cover) all for.... $75. !!!

He's done a bunch of Husky seats, mine included.
  7. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    OOOOhh Huskydude, I'll trade you a whole plate of fresh chocolate chip cookies for that gas gas. Fair trade?
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Thanks very much for the great suggestions.